• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. X

Gas and stomachaches following meals

thanks everyone for your input. I just recently got a stool test ordered through my PCP doctor who is suspecting H Pylori... we'll have to see when the results come out... In the meanwhile my symptoms have been worsening including bouts of shortness of breath, body aches, and extreme weakness.
  2. X

Recent Lyme Diagnosis, thoughts?

Hello, After about 5 months of being ill with a flu-like illness I came down with back in December while I was in Korea which led to a slew of various upper respiratory, GI, headache, and cardiac symptoms, my holistic/naturopathic doctor has diagnosed me with Lyme disease with some other...
  3. X

Wow, thank you so much.. this was helpful. When I experienced the onset of symptoms I was in Korea and as far as I know the water there is safe to drink...however I did here from my family there that I should perhaps stick to bottled water rather than the tap water there because many...
  4. X

Hey everyone, So ever since the onset of my symptoms that started with a bout of diarrhea, I've been having GI issues that include bloating, gas, and mixed stool at times when I eat too much. It seems like everything I eat causes me to feel some mild stomach aches, urge to defecate, weakness...
  5. X

Shortness of breath/trouble breathing

Thanks so much for the info everyone. Just an update: I went to go see a neurologist on fri and they put me through an epley test and a tilt test and I was positive for BPPV and orthostatic hypotension (my heart rate increased by 30+ bpm upon standing)...they treated me using some maneuver for...
  6. X

Yes, It does seem to get better sometimes when I lie down, although it takes some time. I see... does this mean I do have OI?? Is this the standard test? How come I haven't heard of pulse pressure before? Perhaps its because I'm still new to all this stuff >< I take 200 mg a day.
  7. X

Oh wow..thank you for all the responses... these were all really helpful. I definitely want to get to the bottom of this troublesome symptom. I have an echocardiogram scheduled for next Thurs so hoping that would bring some answers if its cardiovascular related...haven't asked for a referral...
  8. X

Hello, So I've been having frequent episodes of feeling "out of breath" and it's not necessarily the result of exertion. It tends to occur more often than not when I haven't eaten in 3+ hours and it occurs concurrently most times with a sensation of stuffiness in my chest, a bloated/gas...