• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. P

COVID19 vaccine

Who is getting the COVID19 vaccine? I heard that people who have CFS can become ill from vaccines.
  2. P

chronic cough

I have been coughing for two years. I have had x-ray and ct scan and labs. It looks like bronchitis. Please help.
  3. P

small veins

This is for people who have small veins and have a hard time getting labs done. At one of my doctor offices they have a small ultrasound machine that helps them find the veins. I’m trying to see if I can buy one.
  4. P

Do you worry about your cardiac health from minimal exercise?

A friend of mine has CFS. He has a treadmill. He walks a mile every day on the treadmill very slowly.
  5. P

metformin

Is anyone taking metformin? Does it have side effects?
  6. P

sensitive to medication

I told my doctor that I am sensitive to medication and supplements. She did not seem to understand. They should have some lectures for doctors about this. Also lectures about cfs and immune related conditions.
  7. P

what do you take for sleep

What helps you sleep?
  8. P

my doctor kicked me out of her office

My doctor recommended an invasive test. I chose not to do it. She said that she could no longer be my doctor. Is this ethical?
  9. P

Remdesevir for COVID 19

I talked to one of the top infections disease doctors. He treats COVID 19 patients. He said Remdesevir helps but they don’t have enough. What can be done about this?
  10. P

Russian Rejuvenator and Equilibrant

I had appointment with Dr. Chia. He wants me to take Russian Rejuvenator and Equilibrant. Does anyone have experience with this?
  11. P

Why might exercise help me?

low intensity exercise
  12. P

MRI question

My doctor wants me to do an MRI with contrast. I told her that I am sensitive to medication and that I don’t feel safe doing the contrast. I looked it up and it said that in rare cases there can be an allergic reaction. Has anyone done MRI with contrast? I don’t think doctors understand...
  13. P

walk-in bathtub

Does anyone have a walk in bathtub? Does it make taking a shower/bath easier?
  14. P

benzodiazepines

This is true. It has to be an addiction doctor.
  15. P

benzodiazepines

I recommend tapering under the care of a doctor.
  16. P

Has anyone been in the hospital when your condition got worse?

Has anyone been hospitalized when your condition got worse?
  17. P

SIBO

Has anyone been diagnosed with SIBO?
  18. P

Looking for Benzodiazepine Damaged pwMEs (Klonopin, etc.)

There is a doctor at UCLA who helps people to stop taking benzodiazepines.
  19. P

I need advice for moving

I recently had to move out of my apartment. I am living in a temporary place. The stress of moving is making my symptoms worse. I am not well and am not in a condition to be looking for an apartment. Any advice is appreciated.
  20. P

Parvovirus

Does anyone know anything about Parvovirus B19?
  21. P

mattress pain

Does anyone have pain sleeping on the wrong mattress?
  22. P

phosphatidylcholine

Has anyone taken phosphatidylcholine?
  23. P

what kind of mattress

I wanted to know what kind of mattress people are using
  24. P

I need to sleep! Help !!!!!

I take Vistaril 25mg, magnesium 100mg, melatonin 1mg Also maybe go to a sleep doctor. Send me a private message if you want to know what brands the supplements are.
  25. P

unrefreshing sleep

I don’t feel well in the morning. It’s like sleeping makes me feel worse.
  26. P

SED Rate

Does anyone know what it means to have an elevated sed rate?
  27. P

Coxsackie B

Has anyone been treated for Coxsackie B?
  28. P

How I recovered.

What do peptide shots help with?
  29. P

QRS (Quantum Resonance System)

Has anyone used a QRS mat?