• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. M

Just found out I'm histamine intolerant, does that mean undermethylated too?

Thanks for all this Athene. I am struggling so much with piecing all this info together that my head is just spinning. I am going to hold off on trying any more supplements until I return from vacation. In the meantime I am just trying to avoid all high histamine foods and drink lots of...
  2. M

Molybdenum and Transsulfuration Pathway

Hi Danny, Sorry I did not see your question until now. I was taking Digest Gold enzymes. My information about plant-based enzymes comes from information I read from Andy Cutler in his "Amalgam Illness" book. There's a list of high sulfur foods here that does identify bromelain and papain as...
  3. M

The motion sickness feeling is just horrible, isn't it?!?! If you figure out any natural remedies for it, please let me know! I have a 10-hour drive coming up in less than two weeks and I normally always get car sick as is . . . I can't imagine how this trip is going to go. Freddd, Kurt...
  4. M

Kerrilyn, I had nausea and absolutely horrid headaches from eating anything high in histamine. I also would get very itchy when eating them as well. It's slowing down now, but I still find myself with the headaches quite often - it feels a lot like motion sickness really.
  5. M

Kurt, Thank you for posting this. I'm wondering if I "pushed" something in m ybody that I shouldn't have by taking P5P - the active form of B6 a few weeks ago. I know B6 can cause an oxalate dump, which I think I may have experienced. It's interesting to me that B6 is also supposed to HELP...
  6. M

Athene, Thanks so much for all this information. I understand it was a couple of years ago that you started this, but do you recall what your initial reactions were like? I want to make sure I'm prepared for the worst and know what to expect! If I have a bad reaction I don't want to quit...
  7. M

Thank you Danny and Freddd. I do appreciate your help and input so much. I think, just based on the fact that I could experience some uncomfortable issues, it's probably best if I want until I return from vacation. I'm going to order the Metafolin so I have it for when I return, but the...
  8. M

Thanks Freddd. I would really like to try this, but I have to admit I'm a bit scared! I leave for vacation in 2 weeks and really don't want to get any worse. I know you can't possibly know how I'll react to the B12 and Metafolin, but what's the worst case scenarios you've seen/heard about...
  9. M

Thanks Joopiter. The only thing is I've been reading over and over to not take folic acid or B supplements if you are histamine intolerant. Is the methylfolate much different than folic acid? I'm also worried about the B vits on the methylation protocol. Have you had high histamine issues?
  10. M

I've had a terrible past few weeks dealing with nausea, stomach pains, horrible headaches, air hunger, etc, etc. I found out during this time that sulfur foods were causing me problems, but even after eliminating them the headaches, air hunger and nausea continued. I now believe the air hunger...
  11. M

Thanks so much for posting this Rich. It makes a lot of sense. Thinking back, I realize that around the time all of this started I also began taking some plant-based digestive enzymes which I have now learned are high sulfur. Do you recommend any of the labs in particular for the stool...
  12. M

Very strange, but I received a notice that Joopiter76 made a reply to this thread, but all it said was "Hi, you should be really careful with B6 because it" the reply didn't have a full sentence and now I don't see it on this thread either! I wonder if it has something to do with the site...
  13. M

Anne, That sounds a lot like what I've been experiencing. What's troubling to me though is that I stopped taking molybdenum for 4 days and am still having the nausea, headaches, stomach pain, and yes - the strong aversions to certain foods too. I've subsisted on soup for the last 4 months -...
  14. M

Thanks Joopiter. It's very reassuring to hear that your sulfur intolerance increased when you were getting BETTER! Hopefully something similar is happening with me. Just curious - do you have any idea about how long it took for you to build up your tolerance to sulfur again? It's difficult...
  15. M

I'm probably not saying this right because I really don't understand all the different pathways and their effect on the body, but I'm wondering if molybdenum can have a negative effect on the transsulfuration pathway and cause someone to become more sulfur sensitive. I had always read that...
  16. M

Question about Freddd's B12 Protocol

Thanks so much Anne! I really appreciate it. Freddd or anyone else that can answer this question - I'm used to introducing supplements one by one so I can look for any reactions to them. Is this protocol one where the B12 and methylfolate should be started at the same time or would it be...
  17. M

Thanks Anne! That does reassure me. Would you mind sharing with me exactly which supplements you're on - types and brands? Thanks so much!
  18. M

Freddd, Thanks for the input. I read a ton of your posts and, although I can't understand hardly anything due to my extreme brain fog, I do believe you've done your research, so I value your opinion! Besides, I'm desperate to get rid of this brain fog and start feeling normal again, so I'm...
  19. M

I know that I am deficient in B12. I was tested in November and my level at that time was 449 - it later dropped to 329 in January. I am interested in following Freddd's protocol, but my nutritionist has been adamant that I only take the hydroxy form of B12. I haven't always followed his...
  20. M

Who has experienced an *adverse* reaction to Molybdenum?

Hi Joopiter, Thanks so much for your input. I hate to be a pain, but this is all so new to me and I just am having a really hard time understanding much of it. I'm hoping that the first option you mentioned is what is going on and the discolored stool is a sign of toxins being excreted. If...
  21. M

Anyone familiar with Parasitology Center in AZ?

I'm thinking about getting a stool test done and am trying to research which lab seems to be the most accurate. The Parasitology Center in AZ was recommended to me by a nutritionist. Has anyone ever heard of this lab? Any thoughts on which lab and tests are the most accurate? I know I...
  22. M

I didn't take the molybdenum yesterday and only took 1/3 tablet today. Yesterday I had so much muscle weakness and achiness, but most stomach issues subsided. I did notice, however, both yesterday and today that my stool is now a much lighter color - almost like clay. Could the molybdenum be...
  23. M

I started taking 150 mcg Molybdenum yesterday to help detox acetalhydes that I believe are building up due to candida/other yeast and funga die off. Within an hour of taking the molybdenum, I started to feel nauseous, tired, and ended up with diarrhea several times for the next few hours...
  24. M

How do you improve detox impairment?

Just joined the Yahoo group. Thanks!
  25. M

Yes, I kind of wish I would have done that, but I was specifically told to stop all supplements for 4 days prior to the test. I can understand the reasoning behind that though as they wanted to see which supplements I actually NEED to be taking.
  26. M

Thanks so much for all this info Rich! I so appreciate it! I hope you don't mind if I ask a few more questions. I'm trying to research as much as I can, but to be honest I feel nothing short of dumb these days with all the brain fog I've got going on! I've been doing an anti-candida diet...
  27. M

Hi pken, Thanks for your insight! As I was looking over my test results, I wondered too if the "normal" ranges that are shown are normal for those eating a SAD diet. I do think my diet is highly nutritious and I honestly don't know what I could do to improve it much. My nutritionist did...
  28. M

Source for hydroxycobalamin B12

Thanks for that link! I'll have to check into them.
  29. M

Hi Rich, Thanks again for all this information. I thought the Genova NutrEval test I had done was supposed to show whether or not I had a methylation cycle block. Can you see if that is represented on my test results...
  30. M

Thanks so much for posting the link to my test results!