• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. B

Surgery or Radiation on Immune system

Hi Thanks so much for taking the time and sharing your information. Much appreciated. In re to my prostate cancer, at this moment, because the cancer is contained in the prostate, I hope that surgery will eliminate it and the need for chemo. Same with radiation. You mentioned anestheisa and I...
  2. B

Hi RWP thank you for sharing this information. I wonder how I would test for these bacteria? I would like more of the series. It's a bit hard to understand but I can share with my doctor. Thanks much robert
  3. B

I need to have a treatment for my prostate cancer which has grown after 2 years of active surveillance. It looks like I'll have to do surgery or radiation. I'm terrified of the auto immune symptoms that will be activated. Last time I had thyroid surgery my symptoms lasted for 2 years and...
  4. B

What is Functional Medicine by David Brady

I saw Dr. Brady and acknowledge everything you say. He is very expensive, and phone calls after the initial work up run 150-250$. He also puts you on supplements he makes, and they are not cheap, tho probably in line with many brands. After 9 months of seeing him, my condition didn't improve. In...
  5. B

Did I just slam the door on a PEM episode?!

Hi Jim, Thanks for your quick response. Yes, I've heard that ubiquinol is better for some than the COQ10, but I guess you have to try each and see what works. MitoQ looks interesting too. I've been down the road a long time and anything that would let me exercise again would be treasured.
  6. B

Did I just slam the door on a PEM episode?!

Hello, Which brand of Co10 do you use? Are you still taking it? Thanks Robert