• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

Doing a Whole Genome Sequencing (WGS)

Mine is also only hetero. :) But NDT has made a genuine difference to me. As shoponl says above, they're not rare mutations, but I suspect poor central (brain) conversion perhaps leads to a central kind of fatigue in my case. There could be more research into the topic. My mother is also...
  2. S

Sorry for such a late response, guys - the results took a few months to come back and then I had other stuff going on. Yes, you can use the raw data with Promethease (gVCF or VCF files). Not sure about Enlis as I haven't tried my results with that yet, but I'm sure you could. :) I don't have a...
  3. S

Mitochondrial disease confirmed!

Thanks for that. :) I suppose not getting a reply made me a little worried that it's not still in active development. It is really nice software, and the ease of generating reports for a specific condition from their sample data is fab. Perhaps I will simply use both.
  4. S

Mitochondrial disease confirmed!

Hope you don't mind my asking, but do you know how often Enlis Genomics updates the research on which findings are based (are your results linked to recent study findings)? I was thinking of using it for my own data when I get it, and trialled the program. I like it, and I like how easily you...
  5. S

Sure, that won't be a problem at all. I expect my results in a couple of months or so (the wait time is 10 weeks for a WGS). I will say that I will (eventually) be referred for an evaluation of my sleep though - so I'm still not entirely sure whether I have CFS or not. It will be interesting to...
  6. S

Hi all, I'm doing a WGS with Dante Labs. Still waiting on my results, so can't recommend them just yet, but their Customer Service is very good. You also get the raw data files (I'm going to use mine with Promethease). Thought I'd point it out as it doesn't require a physician's order. I paid...