• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

Mitochondrial and Energy Metabolism Dysfunction in ME/CFS — Myhill, Booth and McLaren-Howard Papers

Thanks very much for all the info 🙂 I'm worried I've developed kidney stones on the low carb diet, or perhaps my type of vit C (magnesium ascorbate)..? Anyone else had this experience on the Myhill protocol?
  2. S

Mitochondrial and Energy Metabolism Dysfunction in ME/CFS — Myhill, Booth and McLaren-Howard Papers

I've been on some of Dr Myhill's supplements for a while, and have seen a benefit but not by introducing them all at once, and not by having an ultra-low keto diet as suggested, but a more plant based low-carb diet (I still eat meat and fish) along with digestive enzymes that have helped. Has...
  3. S

Seeking psychologist/therapist with experience helping ME/CFS patients

Emma Cathcart, based in London, has a very holistic approach to chronic illness
  4. S

Anyone have experience with the Burghwood Clinic UK?

Hi all, Does anyone have any experience with the Burghwood Clinic in Leatherhead, UK? www.burghwoodclinic.co.uk/21/Our-Team I have a chronic mould infection (high aspergillus antibodies +190) causing ME and am looking for an expert Dr who can help with immunology/mould issues as well as...
  5. S

Digestive doctor/nutritionist recommendations in the UK?

Hi Kontra, Did you find a good Dr in the end? I'm on the hunt for the exact same thing now, and it's difficult knowing where to start! Thanks, Sunni
  6. S

Itraconazole and nystatin advice

Hi all, Does anyone have experience with anti-fungals itraconazole and nystatin? I'd like to hear the good and the bad if the stories are out there :) I tested positive for aspergillus antibodies with Armin Labs, my result for aspergillus IgM antibodies was 190 (normal levels 50 and below). So...
  7. S

Ascorbic Acid Worsening Candida

It could be that you were sensitive to the corn which makes up ascorbic acid often. I had bad results on ascorbic acid, but good results on magnesium ascirbaas (unfortunately it is a lot more expensive)
  8. S

Dr Fran Kendall?

Definitely - Dr Sarah Myhill goes on lots about this in her book it's mitochondria not hypochondria.
  9. S

Bad News for Denmark: ME patients, say new guideline, to be made well by physical training

That's awful! Hopefully they'll reconsider soon...
  10. S

Good Article by Journalist with ME! How to (almost) Completely Disappear.

This is uncannily similar to my experience! So frustrating they don't do more in this country.