• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

Magnesium injection

Does anyone know if the injections are a surefire way to raise intracellalur levels ? I received a couple high dose iv and still don’t feel much relief .
  2. S

Magnesium injection

How often do you get the iv ? Isn’t 500 mg a low dose
  3. S

Magnesium injection

I couldn’t read the link it was in German . I’m sorry , and do oral magnesium pills make you sleepy when u take them ?
  4. S

Magnesium injection

How severe was your mag deficiency ? and what dose was the iv you were receiving . How much percentage of oral do you absorb ?
  5. S

Magnesium injection

If you’re not absorbing mag does that mean you don’t absorb other nutrients as well?
  6. S

Magnesium injection

Has anyone here ever had a high dose magnesium injection ? My rbc levels are very low under 4.0 and I can’t absorb it through supplements cause of malabsorption issues . Anyone who has had the injections , do they raise the rbc levels well and did you notice your health improve with the high...
  7. S

Mineral absorption / absorption issues

How come I am unable to absorb nutrients ? I am so depleted in a lot of things especially magnesium and I don’t seem to absorb any from supplements even I take over 3g a day in magnesium citrate. Also my zinc and copper are very low . I have severe fatigue and can hardly move . Do you think I...
  8. S

CFS supplement list . What works and what doesn’t.

Did you do the blood work fasted or non fasted ? What were your copper overload symptoms and how did you become copper toxic in the first place ? Maybe stopping copper altogether until symptoms go away .
  9. S

Also why so much manganese and b2? Were you low in those aswell?
  10. S

No I actually had slightly high b6 in my blood . I think the ref range was 16-29 I was 32 . So I lowered my b6 intake cause it was building up in my blood . This was a fasted b vitamin test btw. All the other bs were in range with b2 being lowest . I haven’t checked my b1 yet but I’ve been...
  11. S

what were your main vitamin/ mineral deficiencies?
  12. S

Creatine 5g+ per day helps me a lot But it’s tough on the kidneys and dehydrates the crap outta me . I need several gallons of water when I take it .
  13. S

I also take the moly , boron and biotin to help control /reduce candida overgrowth but I’m told moly is not good to take long term ? How much moly would u recommend taking daily .
  14. S

What doses do you take for zinc copper manganese b2 and selenium . I think I had low b2 as well as one variant of the mthfr mutation . But my folate and b12 were in range . Just the b2 was on the low end of range.
  15. S

So how did you heal yourself ? I know I have candida and leaky gut issues so that probably is reducing my absorption by a lot . When I took blood work I had depleted zinc ,copper and magnesium and iron was overloaded . So I know I have all these sorts of damage in my body from these nutrients ...
  16. S

Does ground coffee go 'bad'?

Coffee is known to have fluoride and can have or grow mold / fungus. So I would say drink it or use it in enema with limitation .
  17. S

I’ve had cfs for a number of years now and it’s been only getting worse over the years . I guess you could say the fatigue started as a 6/10 now it’s hitting a 8 or 9/10. What are some supplements that you found gave benefit to your symptoms and what are the supplements you think didn’t help at...
  18. S

Lugol Iodine / High Dose Iodine Testing

So being the Lugol (50-100mg) is causing extreme fatigue ,should I discontinue the supplement ? I mean it also raised my temperature slightly and my hands are actually feeling warm for once. Also I’m getting slightly better concentration. So this leads me to believe I was deficient. It’s just...
  19. S

Lugol Iodine / High Dose Iodine Testing

Has anyone ever tried taking high dose iodine for chronic fatigue/brain fog. Some people have had great success and one person I've chatted with said a high dose iodine protocol completed cured his brain fog. I've been taking lugols iodine 2% for the past couple of days and I'm having extreme...
  20. S

Anyone has vision just like when you're drunk?

Yes I have this symptom and it stinks . It's one of the many symptoms I have. Also my eyes lose focus easily I have to keep trying to readjust them. Vision is limited and feels like everything is a dream. I think that's what happens when the eyes are severely fatigued. Function gets reduced and...
  21. S

How to Correct a magnesium deficiency? Magnesium Cofactors for Absorption?

It says online that mag def causes severe fatigue since it causes mitochondrial malfunction and messes with atp which is responsible for energy production.
  22. S

I remember eating a lot of canned tuna over the summer so maybe I increased my mercury but I've been having these symptoms since I was a teenager so I'm not 100 percent convinced it' mercury but now you mentioned it I want my mercury levels checked cause I'm willing to do anything to heal myself...
  23. S

Has your magnesium increased at all with that specific supplement routine you have been following with the taurine ? I just ordered some taurine yesterday and I'm praying it will work. I'm so tired of feeling like complete garbage from this horrible deficiency. I want it to end . Lol
  24. S

I took a blood test and it showed my b6, b12 and folic acid were overdosed/overly elevated. That scared me so I cut back on the b vitamin complex I had been taking. It was weird though seeing that being I thought the body flushes out the excess b vitamins it doesn't utilize. Can anyone explain...
  25. S

Tried taking b6 and it didn' help with the absorption in my case. Yes I also wish we had expert nutritionalists to get us out of this mess haha
  26. S

Thank you for the supplement list but regardless of what mag supplement I take which i have tried a lot. They are not getting absorbed into my system efficiently. I might try the slow release mag tho that sounds interesting although the price is expensive for the quantity of mag supplied per bottle.
  27. S

That's really interesting actually. I know a mag deficiency can mess with the thyroid as well and make it not function properly. What are your magnesium levels like ? I probably need to get my thyroid checked again but I think my levels are fine.
  28. S

I suspect I have a severe magnesium deficiency which I think may be causing my CFS along with a list of other symptoms. The symptoms I experience are : 1)Severe Chronic Fatigue 2)Anxiety/Depression 3)Brain Fog 4)Delirium/ Disassociation/ Disconnection from reality. 5) Muscle Cramps/ Spasms /...