• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. H

Therapath Results for SFN?

Has anyone had a punch biopsy of their skin sent to Therapath for evaluation of small fiber neuropathy? If so, what were your results and how were they interpreted. I had this done last month and my neurologist is having a hard time interpreting the results. She consulted another neurologist...
  2. H

What the H*** is Going On? I feel like I'm dying.

@Learner1 I have had my immune system tested for the most part, I believe. CBC, IGG, C4/C5, etc. Everything turned up normal except for what I described above. @maybe some day @2manyhobbies @Wishful I'm never touching another vaccine with aluminium in it (most vaccines). After the research...
  3. H

So just an update. Since I felt like death a few weeks ago, I've had a noticeable increase in dry skin across my body. It's very strange. I still have the very subtle pink/reddish flushed hue throughout my arms and legs. I also developed muscle aches that initially began in my left deltoid and...
  4. H

Hi everyone, Thank you for the considerate thoughts during this awful time. As I have feared, my aluminium blood levels came back today and they were HIGH. It corresponds with my severe dry skin all over my body. I will continue to pursue ALL your suggestions but for now... Edit: false alarm...
  5. H

@Hip Yup, you are correct regarding HIV. I retract my previous statement.
  6. H

Thank you all for the responses and the direct messages... I'm currently in crisis mode with my parents here, essentially helping me with basic life needs. All other aspects of my life (work, social life, etc.) as little as they were during the first 3 months, have completely stopped. I still...
  7. H

@charles shepherd Any thoughts?
  8. H

I don't know what to do at this point. I had the HEPATITIS B vaccine three months ago and had all sorts of symptoms since then that were relatively manageable... I could work at 50% and come home and rest and that was it. I've been to the rheumatologist, who referred me to the immunologist, who...
  9. H

My Vaccine Update - IVIG Insurance Question

Hi everyone, I need some advice regarding IVIG and insurance. In December of last year, I had a hepatitis B vaccination that triggered a number of life-changing symptoms... muscle fatigue and pain primarily localized primarily to my triceps, shoulders, and quads, weak knees/legs, slight burning...
  10. H

Has anyone gotten better/recovered from Vaccine-Onset CFS?

Hi everyone, I recently had the Hep B vaccine in December 8th, 2017. I developed slight but odd skin issues 2 days later and severe muscle weakness 6 days later. I've had CFS related symptoms since, however, it's only been 2 months. I'm seeing a lot of CFS discussions regarding EBV, CMV...
  11. H

Did you have a vaccination not long before developing ME/CFS?

Hey @Max80 thanks for the info on MMF. I had a hepatitis b vaccination on Dec. 8th, 2017 and noticed skin issues 2 days later and significant muscle weakness 6 days later. I got a booster early Jan. before I made the connection that it might have been the vaccination causing my symptoms. My...