• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. I

Questions about heart rate monitoring

I found this article a useful starting point: http://www.cfidsselfhelp.org/library/pacing-numbers-using-your-heart-rate-to-stay-inside-energy-envelope I used the sum 220 - age x 0.6, I’m 35 so... 220 - 35 x 0.6 = AT of 111 It sounds like your heart is having to work extremely hard for the...
  2. I

@-Jessie- thanks so much for the detailed reply! It was reason 2, still have lots to learn!
  3. I

@-Jessie- I’ve just bought a used Mio Alpha 2, mastered the flashing lights (my three year old is starting to understand when I need to stop and be still!). Struggling with the audio alert. Wondering if it’s broken. My settings are: Low HR 84 High HR 105 I’m hitting both of these regularly but...