• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. J

REMISSION! (suspected enterovirus, Dr. Chia treating)

I forgot to add that I also lost 27 lbs of the roughly 30+ that I gained while I had CFS. I'm not quite back at the weight I used to race at -- still about 5 pounds higher, but I'm stable and in the right range. Suggestions for CFS. None of these are backed by any particular specific...
  2. J

1) Nothing. and I was tested for anything and everything -- well beyond Dr. Chia's standard pre-visit test list. By process of elimination and patient history, Dr. Chia decided that enterovirus fits my history. It is not Coxsackie, nor is it one of the few enteroviruses that can be tested for...
  3. J

Because I don't really feel the need to come back here and check in. because many of the aswers I have previously posted. Review my postings starting here: https://forums.phoenixrising.me/threads/jm-introduction.57147/ Though I do realize I should respond to a few specific questions.
  4. J

Update. Still in remission. I have been back to running 70+ miles per week since January -- and I'm starting to think about starting a marathon training season again with the end goal of making an olympic trials qualifying attempt by next year. The last thing I changed prior to upgrading my...
  5. J

besides for breaking my foot in November and needing to take some time off and biking, I'm runing most days. though it does seem that I need a lot of sleep.
  6. J

By the way, I have not lost any weight. I gained about 35 lbs since the onset of CFS. I'm excercising again -- running almost every day, but haven't lost any weight. not one pound. Though everyone says I look much healthier than when I was thin. Lol.
  7. J

You know, guys, There isn't any secret cure and I didn't do anything different than his other patients. I am a lucky minority that has remission following Dr. Chia's instructions which primarly were: No more exercise Equilibrium. An antibiotic he put me on for a week. "one two punch" LDN, but I...
  8. J

Trusting the doctor who has the most research and insight into the disease.
  9. J

Treated by Dr. Chia for the last 18 moths. Suspected cause: enterovirus infection I'm exercising again and running in the around 40 mile per week range, but could handle 50 if my schedule allowed in the next few weeks. I also went from being super slow to just slow - which excites me lol...
  10. J

Early response to equilibrant

Updates, Updates. First of all, I saw Dr. CHia again for appointment #2 at about 4 months after the first appointment. more on that later. I am also seeing Stanford CFS clinic in about three weeks. the non-flu flu-like illness lasted pretty bad for about two weeks, continued in various forms...
  11. J

23 and me is on sale on Amazon today. It is useful (at $100)?

23 and me is on sale on Amazon today. It it worth $100 for the information I may get from it?
  12. J

High Dose Testosterone

well, I'm seeing the endocrinologist on Monday and this is in our list of things to try over the next few months. In particular, my Estradiol is in the ~80 range whereas a few years ago, it was in the 200-300 range. Testosterone, I didn't get back yet, but I expect is below 20. We will...
  13. J

I'm now on day number 9 of this 'flu-like illness' which isn't the flu. In fact, It is missing most of the characteristic flu symptoms. Symptoms are: First symptoms to appear were terrible insomnia at Wednesday night (may 31st) and a really bad sore throat. Insomnia was so bad, Ambien didn't...
  14. J

You can see how low my resting HR was when I was in shape before this disease. Then it just drifts up and up and up. (the HR monitor on my Garmin forerunner 235 is a POS. So I don't trust it at all. Though it does show a relatively consistent trend that is interesting.)
  15. J

Here you can see my heart rate climbing from 70 to 80 to 90 overnight the night with awful insomnia, May 31st
  16. J

So one of the other things going on with the worse insomnia right now is that my resting heart rate in bed is somewhat high. Generally between 75-90bpm. Averaging around 80. When I was a high performing athlete two years ago, something around 50 would be more normal at night. I consume no...
  17. J

high resting heart rate

My insomnia is considerably worse than normal right now. I may be at the illness where equilibrant starts working, but probably not. Of note is a particularly high resting heart rate in bed - generally between 75 and 90 bpm averaging around 80. Two and a half years ago, I was a high performing...
  18. J

REM Sleep

Some time ago, I saw a sleep doctor who prescribed 2mg doxepin saying that at low doses it acted as a antihistamine and generally improved sleep. I don't know. IT didn't do much for me so I don't take it. But he apparently did research to back it up.
  19. J

Yesterday, I had a horrible night of insomnia. Sore throat got a lot worse. Feel crappy. nose might have started running. No fever. I hope this is the sickness that proceeds recovery. I'm still on a total of 4 pills per day, which is Dr. China's current instruction. Should I go to 6 like it...
  20. J

Is it necessary to repeat autoimmune testing (e.g. ANA) after about a year

I was tested for most autoimmune diseases about a year ago. That would have been only a few months after the onset of fatigue. ANA was negative along with all other tests ordered. Since then, additional symptoms appeared such as a sore throat, dry eyes (I wear contacts and have never had a dry...
  21. J

High Dose Testosterone

It is on my list to try in about two months. In about two months I'm going to follow-up with endocrinologist. He agreed to prescribe. My objective is to raise my testosterone from about 20ng/dl to the high-end women's range of about 60ng/dl. I also will ask to be on Avodart to help prevent body...
  22. J

when Dr. Chia looked in my throat' he said he saw enterovirus infection spots. Now,.... a lot of doctors have looked in my throat and saw nothing. But I think they were all looking for white patches that looked like strep throat bacterial infections. He took a picture and showed it to me.
  23. J

Is this more recent than a few months ago?
  24. J

No fever or flu-like illness. Not much of any change except worse insomnia. (Actually, I haven't been sick since October) One thing is interesting. I had a sore throat since October. Then it cleared up for a few weeks in February. When I started taking Equilibrant it came back and has...
  25. J

still nothing more interesting to report. Insomnia is worse. I still feel mildly to moderately crappy most of the time.
  26. J

Any experience exercise (aerobic) vs lifting

Tried same basic strength training exercise over two weeks and caused general fatigue similar to other aerobic activity.
  27. J

Month 1.5. I just upped dosing to 4 tablets/day. 2 interesting things: For periods of time that are several days in a row (but not continuously), my poop looks better than it use to. It has shape instead of being a pile of mush. This is not totally consistent, but previously my poop has been...
  28. J

This is just superficial, anecdotal, early, and possibly unsubstantiated, but maybe these are early evidence possible response to equilibrant. I started the titration procedure to begin Equilibrate about a month ago. I am now on two tablets per day. Recent changes are: My sore throat came...
  29. J

How to take Oxymatrine / Equilibriant Regiment Correctly?

Nope..... and That is the last thing I'm worried about at this point. It will be at least a year before I have to think about that, right? I think the standard instructions are to expect at least 2-4 months to respond if you are in the roughly 25-50% of patients that respond to treatment.
  30. J

How to take Oxymatrine / Equilibriant Regiment Correctly?

Additionally, his comment was when asked to take it early in the day or at least in the morning.