• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. H

My Stomach mystery

I've done such tests and it's all normal. I do keep a general diary but due to brain fog is hard to focus and put energy in being more thorough.
  2. H

My Stomach mystery

Hi all, I've been trying to solve my stomach issue for some time with no success. I just don't seem to pin point the root cause of it despite many tries with various supplements and drugs. So, in brief, I don't seem to have the usual stomach issues, like bloating, gas, diarrhea/constipation...
  3. H

Increasing glutamate?

I know most people here are thinking of decreasing glutamate due to its excitotoxicity but perhaps my problem is the opposite. Perhaps my brain fog is a result of low glutamate levels in the brain. I recently did a urine amino acid test where glutamine levels were sky high but glutamic acid was...
  4. H

Plasma/Urine amino acid panel results.

Hi folks, Recently I had an amino acid panel done using both plasma and urine sample on the same day. The plasma results seem normal yet the urine results are quite abnormal and in line with abnormalities found in some CFS patients. Provided the urine samples were not at fault what would...
  5. H

B12, thyroid, lithium blood test help!

Can anyone please explain why my b12 levels haven't changed but my homocysteine levels lowered? How critical is lithium for b12 as I been taking huge amount of b12 with the co faactors but has had no effect on me or on my levels .
  6. H

B12, thyroid, lithium blood test help!

So I recently had another blood test done and I'd like your help in understanding and sorting through them. Previously my genetic test indicated I was homogeneous for MTR and MTRR and my homocysteine levels were 18.6 which was quite high as I am in my 20s. So I started taking 5000mcg of...
  7. H

NAG helps noticeably but why?

Thanks @mariovitali Can you please list the supplements that they recommend? I can't seem to understand the paper especially with this brain fog. Also, what do you make of increased urination thay I am getting and that it might increase blood sugars in people with diabetes? Also can you...
  8. H

Usually within hours or day and If I don't take it for a day I can see the losses immediately. Though the effects are not always consistent in terms effectiveness. When I take 1500mg on an empty stomach i notice the effects more, and while taking it on a full stomach i notice less or nothing...
  9. H

methylation problems: M12 and A12 not working?

Thanks for the replies guys. My question remains unanswered: why is M12 and A12 totally ineffective? Are there conditions and lack of supplements which will render them totally ineffective? I eat a healthy diet and the blood tests which I have done don't show any deficiencies. What could be the...
  10. H

Hi guys, After trying tons of supplements I have finally come across something that actually helps - not significantly but noticable enough. It has reduced my brain fog 15-20% and given me 10-15 % boast in energy. It doesn't sound a lot but anything is welcome. So, why is NAG helping me and the...
  11. H

Thanks for the replies @Learner1 and @Eastman Lab testing isn't always easy as I live in a developing country and if the tests are available it's rather expensive and generally insurance doesn't cover many of theses tests. I also don't have the money or ability to try as many supplements as...
  12. H

So I ran my DNA test results using nutrahacker and genetic genie, and as I suspected, it showed ++ for MTR A2756G, MTRR A66G. It also shows that I'm ++ for SOD2 and CYP1A2, and BHMT-02, and few other +- snps. I'm not sure about the others but MTR and MTRR would indicate lack of m12 correct? My...