• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. T

Australians especially in Qld?, NDIS advice asking, update on wellbeing :)

Hi. Any Australians here who have been dealing with the ndis? I am recently relocated to Qld and finding it challenging to get the right help across the services I already have listed on my plan. I am up for plan review due to change of circumstances (huge changes and health affected further...
  2. T

Hello, summary update, vent, reach out

Thankyou will save that info, links and get to reading into bit by bit. Does resonate what you are saying. :) Thankyou
  3. T

Thankyou for your advice. Yes nutrients levels important. Although test results are okay re full blood count, thyroid, diabetes etc. I still don't think they factor in optimal nutrient levels. And a functional medicine Dr would be good to consult. I struggle with eating at times (motivation...
  4. T

Totally understand and can relate to that.
  5. T

I agree with that statement. Counting tasks in terms of energy instead of length and other ways people usually do is how I go about things, and if it fails or is a waste of time I get even more disappointed thinking could of used it other ways. Been trying to soothe myself a bit at times, with...
  6. T

Hi. I haven't been on here for awhile...been trying to manage things myself and thought I had it under control, able to juggle the side effects of doing too much and the resulting pem recovery. Yet with continued stress I have been living day to day in such states more so dragging myself...
  7. T

Petition to help Australians with ME/CFS to access disability services

Oh I just realised it's south Australia Still should be applicable those services mentioned too Best wishes :)
  8. T

Petition to help Australians with ME/CFS to access disability services

I am so sorry to hear this :( This is injustice, unethical,not kind,or humane at all NDIS is something I have to reapply for as didn't get worded properly by those who submitted it...so it's something on the waitlist again for help getting application done My CFS is very mild compared to alot...
  9. T

ibs relief seeking simple ways to naturally help :) advice

Interesting I will have to look into that thanks
  10. T

Thank you... That's a good list to refer to for ongoing issues I have. What ended up happening yesterday that brought 90% relief instantly to even my amazement-was that I was having a chat with a guy I am close with but had some tensions about various things going on and once I had spoken...
  11. T

also i am hoping to take a shower and relax in such sometime this evening-just sitting down a bit now before i can even manage that (temp regulation issues gets challenging at times with the dizziness and having to rest afterwards in bed) so have to wait until my toddler is settled enough to go...
  12. T

Hi. Anyone know anyway to get relief from an ibs flare up that is not soothing with the usual wait times and toilet relief. It has been several hours now and i was walking around the shopping center doubled over in pain holding onto my toddlers stroller so it obviously didn't look as bad except...
  13. T

Comment by 'tabbyj29_11' in 'Is there really “mild” cfs'

thankyou for sharing your experiences and how you try to push through such symptoms to keep going towards your goals. i am concerned though that for your safety and of others on the road-driving sounds too dangerous for you at this time when you are blacking out. perhaps try to find another way...
  14. T

Panic attacks and CFS again

You are welcome :) that is great the anxiety and panic has also calmed down recently. Sorry to hear that your health has been difficult and affecting your anxiety which is understandable. Try to relax whatever happens the body needs to conserve energy for repair. Easier said than done though. Do...
  15. T

Panic attacks and CFS again

:( That sounds very difficult to be going through that amount of panic, anxiety all the time. Yes it would be wearing you out alot. I can relate to feeling inadequate to be there for others as much as you want to be while having massive torment going on in your mind and body. I am glad that you...
  16. T

What is your personal theory or understanding of ME/CFS?

So would you say that its more like cfs is a spectrum of symptoms and severity? Just how autism and related diagnoses are categorised now as asd (autism spectrum disorder). It would be helpful to distinguish between cfs types I guess for better clarity. I feel that mine does fluctuate between...
  17. T

Five ways to reduce your ME/CFS "wired but tired" hyperaroused brain state

So basically things like addressing digestive issues-improving that with things like pre/pro biotics, more of an anti inflammatory diet, lavender oil use to relax(via smell or on the skin I guess), magnesium but not too much supps orally-try to also have some externally aswell are all things to...
  18. T

Comment by 'tabbyj29_11' in 'So many thoughts!!'

Yes, writing is very helpful. It is a great way to express yourself and put some thoughts and emotions into words instead of just so cluttered within oneself. I wish you all the best with your healing journey. :)