• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. T

Dopamine seretonin challenge? Is my Natropathic dr nuts?

I’ve been sick with ME for 2 years. I’m seeing a Natropath. He is supposed to be experienced treating CF and has been helpful with Myers IVs and B12 injections. Neither have given me any extra energy whatsoever. Now he is saying my neurotransmitters are out of whack since I take Nortriptyline...
  2. T

Broken Adrenals, cortisol, fatigue and oh yes, anxiety

Hey guys. So my cfs me appears to be perpetually driven by adrenals. That is I get anxiety at sleep onset, anxiety in the morning, and even at naps. It just comes on. I’m calm and not even thinking about anything. I started on Seriphos about a week ago. It’s supposed to lower cortisol. Now I...
  3. T

Im outta here. Thank you for everything.

This is exactly the cause of my cfs me. Not from alcohol, but stress. I am producing anxiety at bedtime, in the mornings, during naps, it’s all the time. My antidepressant helps calm anxiety, but it’s still there. I just started taking Seriphos to lower cortisol. Any other suggestions as how to...
  4. T

Can’t sleep in. Can’t nap. Misery. Anyone have this symptom?

Yes i was on Ativan and zopliclone in 2016 for sleeping. Became dependant on both and led to horrific withdrawals. Withdrawing from Lexapro as we speak. Again brutal. I did a 4 timed saliva test that showed very high in the morning. And average to high at bed. It seems easy to raise cortisol...
  5. T

Can’t sleep in. Can’t nap. Misery. Anyone have this symptom?

Since CFS came back in January, I have a very frustrating symptom. When I awake at 5am my cortisol is very high. I can actually feel it. If I try to fall back asleep, my body will jolt me awake then I get a dump of anxiety. What’s worse though is if I get a bad nights sleep I cannot nap. The...
  6. T

What antidepressant are you on that minimizes fatigue

Hi Mary. I actually have a 5htp supplement system recommended by my Natropath. He wants me to take it in conjunction with my ssri while I taper down my ssri. I still have not done this after a week or so due to a fear of seretonin syndrome. So I figured I’d try switching ssri first.
  7. T

What antidepressant are you on that minimizes fatigue

I am severe cfs. Mostly housebound. I find on cipralex aka Lexapro at 20mg very toxic to me. I have tapered down to 10mg but still it makes me fatigued and makes my PEM much much worse. I need to switch ssri. Yes I realize I’d probably be better off not on antidepressants. With severe CF I...
  8. T

Good day bad day .. a puzzle. Help

I am housebound since February. A good day involves struggling out of bed, usually enough strength to get dressed. I goto my parents who feed me as I don’t have enough energy to feed myself. This is about a 600 step day. Into there car, rest 8 hours only waking to bathroom and into there car and...
  9. T

Strange Brain fog/energy correlation

does anyone have the symptoms where on days where you have decent energy, your brain fog and concentration are worse? Then when you have poor energy and are feeling week, your brain fog is minimal and concentration better! This is happening to me daily and on alternating days. I wonder why...
  10. T

PEM in bed first thing in the morning. Anyone? What about PEM busters?

I have had all the major bloodwork done in the last 2 weeks to detect anything like that.
  11. T

Is there a link to BCAAs on Phoenix rising you can point me too with information? Thanks sushi
  12. T

Hey thanks for the reply The hard thing is I am only getting into my parents car, spending 8 hrs on the couch at there place. with short walks to the bathroom. Then back in the car. Into my house and bed. I’m only doing 500-700 steps a day. They are taking care of me. Im reduced to just this...
  13. T

hey guys just wondering how many of us get a pem first thing in the morning. For me I wake at 6 am and go to the bathroom. When I get back in bed, the energy I just used quickly drops and my arms get weak, nausea, sweats, hot and cold, fatigue. PEM. I will be like this until 6-8pm before energy...