• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. V

Vitamin E has lessened my small fiber neuropathy symptoms

Have you worked on tackling the \SIBO/ ?
  2. V

Tips for Finding Reliable Prescription-Free Online Pharmacies

I recall hearing that oral neomycin is not available in the UK anymore or limited supply. Either or a pharmacist could verify
  3. V

Autoimmune panel (UK) Private

What antibodies can your GP test for?
  4. V

Abnormal finding in my urine; microbiology

@pattismith I understand you have neuropathy problems too. I wonder if tinidazole made any difference to that (assuming worse) because it is very similar to metronidazole which is known to be neurotoxic
  5. V

Taking B1 (thiamine) resolves GI problems - extreme nausea, sickness, low appetite and pain

interesting case study. Note that patient was treated empirically with metronidazole, which can also deplete thiamine
  6. V

What is the best course of antibiotics for Serratia marcescens in nasal cavity?

" This is the first literature to examine the characteristics of patients with Serratia Marcescens in sinus disease patients to our knowledge. Serratia marcescens infection in the sinuses may be a post surgical disease, and it appears Levofloxacin, Ciprofloxacin, and TMP/SMX are all oral...
  7. V

SIBO, antibiotics, acid drops, and Herxheimer reactions

Stomach acid drops as in Betaine HCL?
  8. V

Blastocystis - does anyone know of a PCR based test that is available

Hi @Garz did you pursue this any further? How are you feeling now At the time of your last posting , Genova had started to do PCR for some protozoa including Blastocystis with sub-typing
  9. V

GIARDIA LAMBLIA

You can be infected/carry Giardia chronically showing no signs of common symptoms. However for 20 years i am not sure. Ask your Doctor for a stool Giardia Antigen test
  10. V

Treatment with KDM miraculous so far, need help with dysbiosis though

@sam.d do you have an update for us? I wonder if you are still cycling Normix (rifax.... antibiotic)? I may have a suggestion or two to discuss with your Dr
  11. V

Bad Sinus Infection: are antibiotics needed?

what was your treatment plan?
  12. V

Comment by 'vaer' in 'Initial appointment with Dr Bansal'

Looks like progress. L-carnitine and Melatonin is what I am looking to try too
  13. V

Dante Labs

How long did it take to get results? I forgot we still had an unused kit laying about :oops:
  14. V

Mutaflor source in Canada

people order from feelgoodnatural webstore, they have a physical store in Canada. I will try reach out to someone who travels from the states to canada for mutaflor pickup
  15. V

Worth trying a probiotic again?

have a look at Mutaflor (E. coli Nissle 1917)
  16. V

Cytokine profile - can anyone explain this result?

where did you get this done? i don't understand cytokines enough to comment (yet) sorry
  17. V

Blastocystis - does anyone know of a PCR based test that is available

Hi @Garz what was your result? i have some more to add to the list of labs, will write them up later.
  18. V

uBiome results

great! they are still shy to give an example analytic or more information on Plus so i was still thinking it is under works. Can you PM me? i am curious on a few things thanks
  19. V

uBiome results

@Abha did you get any update on your ExplorerPlus? 6 months :thumbdown:
  20. V

uBiome results

uBiome black friday offering Buy 1 Gut Explorer , get 1 Gut Explorer kit FREE for $89 Simply add 2 Gut Explorer kits to your cart and use code B1G1 at checkout. uBiome 5 site Explorer kit for $89 code B1G5 at checkout
  21. V

23andme

the cheaper option!
  22. V

Stool Test Results - CSA and GI-MAP

Can you tell me further the protocol/herbs used previously and the time frame of testing - was it done during using herbs?
  23. V

UK members - cytokine panel?

privately: RED Labs have been doing it for some time, i have seen old posts on here doing such. and very recently Diagnostic Solutions has launched one too Let me know what you proceed with or any other help i can be, i am considering also :rolleyes:
  24. V

Stool Test Results - CSA and GI-MAP

firstly it will be better if you can post your actual results (clear images/screenshots/cropping the personal data if you wish). In the mean time i can start with some suggestion to increase sIga. From clinical literature Saccharomyces Boulardii , Bacillus Clausii (brand: Enterogermina) have...
  25. V

OAT - Organic Acid Testing - is it useful?

If it's shipping international (to intermediary lab or direct to greatplains) I believe it is best to freeze the sample well before shipping and then ship alongside a ice pack. Best is to check with GPL and post here so anyone else can see. On the other hand i do know your sample will stay...
  26. V

OAT - Organic Acid Testing - is it useful?

For the UK prices are : Genova UK - £279 - practitioner required to order GreatPlains (cheapest is via Biolab UK and they will freeze sample for onwards shipping to gpl usa) - £185 - practitioner required to order ....or you can order straight from GPL if you wish look at it's site for...
  27. V

uBiome results

yay finally. can you upload a photo of the kit and contents? I wonder if they will still use the same tubes as with the 16S kits. I did receive an 'updated' email last week from the explorer team telling me they are working hard to perfect Explorer Plus before any more details can be given of...
  28. V

uBiome results

ubiome: For a limited time, we’re offering our Five Site Explorer™ kit for $89. Simply use code SPRINGCLEANING2018 at checkout ------------------------------------ @jepps RE the Explorer PLUS any word on shipping or more info?