• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Rizz

Homemade Serotonin Suppositories?

Can I make a suppository out of 5HTP and coconut oil? Will it be absorbed?
  2. Rizz

Anyone with MCAS see success with LDI?

Im going to be using Ty Vincent for LDI, along with my brother. Heard he’s quite the cowboy. Anyone have success with him?
  3. Rizz

Desperate need of help

Haha it’s relevant. I was prescribed nystatin too. Glad it helps you, my one doc said it got rid of mostly all of their patients MCS
  4. Rizz

Desperate need of help

Good on you, that’s awesome that they help so much. I take 4 caps per meal, don’t notice much, maybe more? Thanks!
  5. Rizz

Desperate need of help

I do this from thyme to thyme. Feels pretty good but doesn’t help in terms of BMs. I tried LDI too (transdermal), didn’t notice any pro kinetic effect, but I remember waking up at 3AM laughing hysterically. Then started to react to it. Thanks for info
  6. Rizz

Desperate need of help

That’s okay, a little better now! Colon woke up. I tried MJ suppositories and I think it numbed the area so that’s why I couldn’t hold water. Still shitty but much better now! I appreciate your prayers!
  7. Rizz

Desperate need of help

Ooh I will try doing that. Yeah I know I literally have no stomach acid. It’s a real bitch because my problems are so fixable, it doesn’t take much. It’s all about getting out of fight or flight for me, I’ll try that position! I smoked the good kush one day and I ran 2-3 miles in a couple hours...
  8. Rizz

Desperate need of help

Haha when I wrote that I was near suicidal so the humor was lost to me, but that shits hilarious. Never stop trying my friend. If there is a way in, there is a way out (unless there isnt) :) Just kidding there always is ;)
  9. Rizz

Desperate need of help

Thanks
  10. Rizz

Desperate need of help

Thanks for the info! I actually have cromolyn in a capsule form along with a nebulizer. I’ve tried nebulizing a pinch of it, still causes reaction. I know it’s from a limbic system impairment from severe stress. One time I took a capsule of magnesium citrate and emptied EVERYTHING out from it...
  11. Rizz

Desperate need of help

Thanks for the ideas. I will definitely try gargling. Vagus nerve needs to wake up. I’m doing suppositories of melatonin 1.5mg (for heartburn) and a probiotic suppository (Gutpro 25 billion cfu) with 1/32 tsp of slippery elm as prebiotic. Just a theory, but might work. You mentioned butyrate, I...
  12. Rizz

Desperate need of help

No, that’s actually a really good idea. Stimulates peristalsis right? Just heard of some people that had a bad reaction/died. But at this point I’ll do it, thanks. Saw your recent post. You are a trooper if I’ve ever seen one. Keep chugging man
  13. Rizz

Desperate need of help

To add, If I could literally take three supplements, I would be a totally different human being. Just some d limonene, hcl and magnesium citrate. I really don’t think it’s too much to ask. My GI tract WAKES UP on these bad boys. But I have to be in a parasympathetic state to take them it seems...
  14. Rizz

Desperate need of help

Hi all, Haven’t been on here much lately. It’s been a rollercoaster of a 6-7 months. Right now I’m in need of some help. My main issue is supplement intolerance/MCAS. I have a Hickman port (reliant on intravenous nutrition), and I eat one small meal a day. I also have gastroparesis, and out of...
  15. Rizz

Unexplained Hypersensitivity to Life

I totally agree..it’s a difficult process. I have the issue of overthinking things , or concentrating on symptoms, and this leads to further anxiety and worry. Right now I’m trying to quit research, and just live in the now. Annie Hopper says when we are in a maladaptive stress response, we are...
  16. Rizz

When I do it religiously, it helps. I’m sure I will continue to see the benefits as time goes on. Yes, babesia is a nasty one, along with biotoxin illness. I’m rooting for ya buddy. Just wondering, how do the retraining excercises affect you? Anxiety is a huge component. I used to not have...
  17. Rizz

Bro they are insane! Takes a lot of the pressure off knowing that I don’t have to clean religiously and inspect for mold, much rather retrain the brain. Who would have thought that a non invasive mechanism could have such an impact?
  18. Rizz

Funny you mentioned it, I’m currently doing DNRS haha. First 3 days I was diligent with practice and I noticed less anxiety, and slight, slight improvement with sensitivities. Since then I have been dealing with family issues, and they kind of negated the progress from Dnrs, and I haven’t been...
  19. Rizz

Alternative to Honey (and many others) for esophagitis?

Great advice, thank you. Yeah its really an awful feeling, the nausea makes it much worse too. Im on tpn so i have one meal a day and its still unbearable. I burp and acid comes up even when i dont eat. I do drink homemade bone broth to heal gut but the histamine makes heartburn worse i think...
  20. Rizz

I've been on that for years. Helps with energy and absorption but this is more of a weakened shpincter problem. Its constantly opened up and i can literally hear my food and drink gurgle as they slide down my throat very very slowly
  21. Rizz

Hi, I am very sensitive to too many things. I'm desperately trying to heal my throat and esophagus from acid reflux, but ive grown resistant to many things like slippery elm, dgl, marshmallow root, aloe, manuka honey, coconut nectar... The list goes on. Currently, I've taken an obscure route...
  22. Rizz

Reacting to both food and supplements

@Aleshun, I agree with everybody else as far as nutrition. It could be a negative response to the glutamates, histamines, salicylates, etc. the thing is that it is hard to eliminate foods when you barely tolerate anything to begin with. I, like you, am currently sensitive to all supplements...
  23. Rizz

Foods/Supplements that Strengthen Lower Esophageal Sphincter?

@perchance dreamer Thanks my friend. Just ordered d limonene. I have tried aloe in the past and it has actually worked amazingly, but most brands have potassium sorbate which i cannot tolerate (i know georges doesnt). Most supplements and foods give me asthma now so i have to pick and choose...
  24. Rizz

Foods/Supplements that Strengthen Lower Esophageal Sphincter?

How doth one go about tightening the LES, besides supplementing w/ HCL?
  25. Rizz

cfs energy levels related to state of mind

Good to hear that my friend. Smiling is very powerful to both physical and emotional wellbeing, but it is not enough to make a significant impact when used in solidarity. I know its difficult under your given circumstance but you need to fill that void with another friendship
  26. Rizz

cfs energy levels related to state of mind

Try listening to music or try to take up a non strenuous new hobby. For example, I might start fishing again if i have the energy. This might sound sadistic haha but force yourself to smile more, it feels good
  27. Rizz

Oooh you hit the nail on the head i do have gastroparesis. I was diagnosed via smart pill and my transit time gastric emtpying time was somewhere around 3.5-4 hrs if i remember correctly.. But i believe this is do to low stomach acid and hypothyroidism from sibo and other gut bugs which im too...
  28. Rizz

Oh i know for a fact i have mcas but the trouble is, i react to all medication and supplements, even transdermal LDN gives me SOB, God only knows how. Ty
  29. Rizz

Helminthic therapy is some heavy duty stuff, holy cow. I will keep that in mind as a last resort but im so immunocompromised i dont know if it would kill me or help me haha, thank you though!
  30. Rizz

Hello all, this is my first post on this beautiful website that I have been lurking on for about a year now. Just wanted to toss out a broad spectrum thank you to everyone for their in depth info as well as contributing to a sense of community that is very uncommon, especially on the internet...