• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. K

Cannabis and vascular inflammation

I'd been smoking it a few nights a week for like three years without an issue before, I guess it could have just been a random panic/anxious reaction to the strain I had and not Afib. I did notice I was feeling a lot more anxious than usual with the new stuff we got in. I did a little Google...
  2. K

Cannabis and vascular inflammation

I used to smoke it before bed most nights because it would greatly improve my sleep quality. One night while lying in bed out of nowhere I started to feel very odd and noticed my heart all of a sudden was beating so quickly I couldn't even discern between beats on my pulse, it just felt...
  3. K

Has anyone had a Covid vaccine yet?

Had my first Oxford shot 11 days ago and holy moly did it make me unwell. I've honestly not been that ill for over a decade, and this is coming from a 33yo guy who didnt really believe in vaccine side effects or at least thought people over exaggerated them. The first 4 to 8 hours I felt...
  4. K

How can you lose weight with ME/CFS if you have metabolic issues?

Hi all - throughout my entire illness I've always felt that one of, if not the main issue for me has been problems with creating energy from food and some sort of metabolic disturbance or disorder. I say this because: 1. I get very frequent serious hypoglycemic attacks following physical...
  5. K

A Metabolic Trap for ME/CFS?

Just as a quick aside question regarding the Serotonin issues - after 5 years of seriously severe bloating 24/7 my gastro finally found a pill that works to combat it - it's called Prucalopride. It's a high affinity serotonin (5-HT4) receptor agonist. It's supposed to be a last hope med for...
  6. K

Sweat smelling strongly of bleach / ammonia?

Hi all - could I pick your brains for a minute? Ever since my ME/CFS crossed over into the severe end of the spectrum, my sweat has been smelling very strongly of ammonia (bleach). Its been this way for a few years now and I'm sure it's been constant the last few months. After a week away...