• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. N

Treatments for Cognitive dysfunction with anxiety

Hi, What other nootropics can help against cognitive dysfunction, anxiety and help improve focus and concentration. Im badly struggling with it and getting su!c!dal thoughts due to significant loss of productivity and inability to focus. Please help. @Hip @Pyrrhus @Mary. Requesting other...
  2. N

High-Dose Selenium Significantly Improves My Fatigue and Brain Fog

Sure. Would do that. Thanks as always.
  3. N

High-Dose Selenium Significantly Improves My Fatigue and Brain Fog

What other nootropics can help against cognitive dysfunction, anxiety and help improve focus and concentration. Im badly struggling with it and getting su!c!dal thoughts due to significant loss of productivity and inability to focus. Please help. @Hip @Pyrrhus @Mary. Requesting other senior...
  4. N

Nausea, vomiting after climbing staircase or exertion

Thanks @Learner1 . Would be interesting to understand mast cell and autonomic dysfunction.
  5. N

Thanks. I'm already on Ondansetron will try lemon essential oil. I guess need to again follow-up with Gastroenterologist.
  6. N

Thanks will look into it. The headache is more like discomfort involving back neck, jaw and back of head. It doesn't happen only with exertion. It happens when weather changes to hot and humid condition as well. I'm desperately looking for answers and help to manage this but no success so far...
  7. N

Hi, Is Nausea, vomiting after climbing staircase or exertion is also common in pwME and is it due to POTs. Can someone help me with ways to avoid it?
  8. N

Cumin (Cuminum cyminum): Possible PEM Blocker

Cumin is used in naturopathy alongwith saunf as anta Cumin is a warm herb and 'heaty' so saunf is used to balance it as it is cool. Cumin is usually used in Ayurveda, Naturopathy, home cure for digestive issues and treating food borne infections alongwith other antibacterials/antivirals. I...
  9. N

Gut Bacteria Protect Brain from Viruses

About flavonoids, I read that antioxidants in flavonoids can help cancer cells to multiply. Also, too much of antioxidants may compromise body's own mechanism of producing antioxidants. https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/antioxidants-may-make-cancer-worse/ I took 2.5 gms of BCAA...
  10. N

Gut Bacteria Protect Brain from Viruses

@Hip @Mary @ljimbo423 @Sushi We have research which shows that post exercise MECFS patient have bacteria in the blood which takes lot of time to clear and hence recovery is delayed (crash period) and may be this could be due to immune priming discussed by Hip. Also, I believe it is not only...
  11. N

Hypersomnia/asleep again and again

Thanks Pat. Appreciated.
  12. N

Supplements and Drugs That Reduce or Prevent PEM (Post-Exertional Malaise)

@Sushi how was your experience with sodium bicarbonate before and after exercise....did it help in reducing PEM? Also, what about people having hyperPOTS? @Hip your views would be highly appreciated... Regards, Np
  13. N

@Hip how long it will take to come out of this sleepy cycle. I am having ME/CFS for 7 years now. I need energy. Can you please suggest something? Regards, Np
  14. N

Supplements and Drugs That Reduce or Prevent PEM (Post-Exertional Malaise)

@Hip any views on LDN as PEM shielder or reliever? Regards, Np
  15. N

I would say severe category. How sex hormones are linked to autoimmunity and Mast cells. Few studies here. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/20637236/ https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3369183/ https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/21354470/...
  16. N

@Mary Thanks for replying. It is terrible and killing symptom. Prolactin (hpa axis dysfunction has some involvement with mast cells. Also, dopamine agonist (lowers prolactin) are being looked to be used for controlling autoimmune disease. Also I came across this article...
  17. N

@Hip @Mary I beg you to help me. I'm falling asleep again and again. Sleeping late and waking up late delayed sleep phase. I'm falling asleep with minor physical and mental activity. Prolactin seems to be involved but my Endo not convinced as number (29) is not too high. I have itching in ears...
  18. N

Feeling exhausted after bowel movement

Hi @Moof my symptoms come after BM. I have delayed gut motility identified by Gastro based on motility studies. My tongue turns bitter with sweating and I feel horribly weak with pain and burning only in stomach. My gastro says looks like acid reflux but horrible weakness due to acid reflux is...
  19. N

@BeautifulDay But what could be causing this low sugar and weakness post BM. I have delayed motility issue with PEM for 6 years and suddenly since last 5 months I am crashing alongwith burning, pain in gut after BM. Is it linked to overexpression of TRPV1 receptors in gut? Regards, Np
  20. N

Completely eliminated my severe anxiety symptoms with three supplements!

@Hip Thanks and as always no words to describe your contribution to this community. Selfless community like this and all its members are great source of optimism for many spoonies who are devastated physically, mentally and most importantly financially by this horrible condition. My love to all...
  21. N

Completely eliminated my severe anxiety symptoms with three supplements!

Hey @Hip as always there are no words to describe help and support from each and every member of this lovely forum and I would like to extend my gratitude to you for all your great threads/posts on this amazing forum. Simply outstanding. This forum has given me a hope to live with debilitating...
  22. N

Did anyone try Acotiamide for these symptoms?
  23. N

@Inester7 In my case burning gut, pain in gut with worsening of weakness, irritability and anger triggered after starting LDN but I have stopped LDN for long now. But my symptoms have not improved. Diet yes it is key trigger but I tried elimination but nothing worked. I read that inflammation is...
  24. N

By the way my other symptoms include PEM, delayed sleep phase or hypersomnia.
  25. N

@Sushi and all. I get horrible burning with pain in stomach after BM with weakness/fatigue worsening. I crash and feel sleepy. My fatigue gets worsened. I become irritable, angry and feel like killin myself. My Gastro is clueless and said I should see Psychiatrist! Is it linked to onset of IBD...
  26. N

Muscle Relaxants for whole body ache

Hi @Inester7 thanks for the reply. Does your fatigue reduce when pain goes down and does l-glutamine help bring down anxiety? Regards, Np
  27. N

Muscle Relaxants for whole body ache

@BadBadBear @Mary this seems to work for me as well. For my recent muscle spasm my doc prescribed metaxalone and my whole body ache and fatigue improved and best part was my anxiety depression also improved. What must be the reason for it? Anyone else who feels better with metaxalone? Regards, Np
  28. N

@Mary Thanks for the information. Vitamin D levels are proper. I'm on vitamin B12 due to neuropathy.. burning symptom. I'm on low dose folate as well. You are right MSG worsens my neuropathy symptoms as well increasing pins and needles. Too much of folate is linked to cancer so keeping it low...