• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. P

1 in 25 HEALTHY persons has XMRV ? (Contamination? Lombardi et al 2009)

maybe almost everyone has XMRV ? and people with CFS have a weaker immune system. for this reason a higher percentage of XMRV in their blood compared with healthy people... which leads to a higher number of positive XMRV tests, compared with healthy people. is that a possibility?
  2. P

a neurosurgeons opinion: the presence of a retroviral sequence cannot be interpolated

i just met a guy online who claims to be a neurosurgeon. i tested him on his knowledge about the brain, and he did seem pretty accurate with his direct responses to my question (i didnt give him time to look up any answers). so i guess he really is a neurosurgeon, but who knows right. anyway...
  3. P

Horizontal transmission of murine retroviruses - saliva etc

infectious blood to blood or infectious saliva to blood or infectious saliva to saliva This article doesnt really show anything new about saliva
  4. P

XMRV: infectious through saliva? (comparison with HIV)

I've done some internet research on the ratios of HIV/AIDS and CFS. CFS first discovered around 1930. HIV first discovered around 1960. Both were officially recognized by science at around 1980. Current estimated ratio of HIV positive and AIDS in total population: 1-500 (Belgium) 1-250...
  5. P

1 in 25 HEALTHY persons has XMRV ? (Contamination? Lombardi et al 2009)

I'm unsure whether the results of this research have been proven to be unreliable, due to contamination or other factors. I've searched but couldn't find.