• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. L

Lyme Disease, a severe epidemic condition the medical establishment refuses to acknow

His last reply reminded me of the doctor I saw 6 years ago with a bulls eye rash...if you don't feel sick then don't worry. Wrong! Because when you do start to feel sick they want to say its your CFS or Fibro or something to get you out of the office so they can get there numbers in for the...
  2. L

Lyme Disease, a severe epidemic condition the medical establishment refuses to acknow

Hi Lee Ann, There is a doctor near Nashville but he does not take insurance. I went to Tunica Mississippi to see Dr. Callaghan. He takes insurance and does this as what he called a hobbie. LOVE him! I have seen so many doctors but not one like him. He ran test on hormones and many came back low...
  3. L

List your 3 favorite supplements

I don't take any supplements and I see that I really need to. I will start off a few at a time. Thanks to everyone!
  4. L

I have had CFS/Fibro for 18 years or more. I was able to live a low level life so to speak until 5 years ago. Everything changed to the worse. Besides the flu like feelings, brain fog, tingling in hands and feet, I Started having chest pains. Then shortness of breath. Found my thyroid was low...
  5. L

Positive ANA, Homogeneous, High Titer

Back and forth, sometimes positive sometimes not. I meet the requirements for Lupus after almost 20 years of CFS/Fibro. Noone can tell me if I have Lupus or not. Wonder if a positive ANA is from Lyme?
  6. L

Testing Negative for Lyme - Could It Be A False Negative?

I have been negitive two times over the years, not sure what test other than for Lyme. My doctor just ran a few more test this week, I will get the results soon. I have had CFS/Fibro for almost 20 years. Five years ago I was bitten by a tick, showed a bulls eye rash, went to the doctor, (at the...
  7. L

Is this possible ??? IN 2011 ???

Would not waste my time reading it.
  8. L

Nasopharyngeal carcinoma, Hodgkins lymphoma, Burkits lymphoma cause EBV...

My Dad passed years ago at age 49 from nasopharyngeal carcinoma, it is caused from the EBV along with the other two cancers listed, some central nervous system lymphomas that are associated with HIV. Having CFS I hear a lot about EBV and now HIV so I thought I would ask if anyone else has had...
  9. L

VIP Dx Culture Test Poll For A LATENT Infection

Wow, I didn't even send my medicare info to VIP, thinking it wouldn't do any good. Did you test positive? I would think if you did they would pay. I plan on sending them my info now. Thank you!
  10. L

The Family Member ME/CFS Prevalence Poll Take II

Christopher, Be sure to get a regular colon scope. I lost my husband from colon cancer ten years ago, he was only 36. I blame this virus on it. My son also has CFS, he is 17. I had him check for colon cancer when he was 15 and polops were found and removed. The doctor said we saved his life. I...