• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. V99

First International XMRV conference

That study will be one of the most interesting to hear about. Next stage now.
  2. V99

Article: Four Viruses! Alter Paper Confirms Retroviral Findings in CFS

The media that have reported the story haven't gone into detail, because it is beyond them. Unless you are talking about a scientific journal
  3. V99

No, it means you should only write about technical details if you are a scientist.
  4. V99

Awol is correct, we do not know if the samples were usable. Alter may have emphasised the cohort issues, but he also highlighted others, including method. And what if there is another retrovirus they are still not looking for?
  5. V99

Patients in the PNAS paper: 25 were from an academic medical centre. 21 met Holmes and Fukuda. The remaining 4 were Holmes. There is no information on the selection criteria for the final 12 Cort, this is exactly where my concern comes from. If you want to write a blog covering the...
  6. V99

A post about sexism in general. I grew up when Margaret Thatcher was Prime Minister. In the last four years we had Blair's babes. Sexism, whether intentional or not, is alive and well. (This is nothing to do with Cort, like Awol I have no reason to believe he is sexist)
  7. V99

Cort's post If I quoted the entire section I missed nothing. If you meant to say something, then say it. You should not post a blog which purports to tell the truth when you have not checked your facts, and have not communicated what you meant to say. In reality you said that one of...
  8. V99

It is precisely because the blog is negative that I have spoken out: Myra McClure says the same thing, that it's different. If this were a real issue Milovits would not now be co-charing the international conference. It is negative speculation and misinterpretation. And it is what the...
  9. V99

I never stooped to the level of a bully in the playground, why would I ever. The comment is illogical. Let's be clear there is no way to point out the incorrect facts without referring to Cort. I was also genuinly shocked at how the facts were incorrect and the correct ones being abused...
  10. V99

Cort, I have just noticed that you are again changing your posts after they have been up for quiet a while. There is no point in changing how the posts have gone, it is easy to spot. You did it the other day when you 'emphatically' stated that an infectious agent was not the cause of ME...
  11. V99

Medscape - physician's website - pnas study discussed

ha too true, that's going to bite some ass. :cheeky grin::cheeky grin:
  12. V99

That's very true, all possibilities are still open, but some just got a bit weaker.
  13. V99

Facts that are incorrect are. If you changed facts, it means you were using the incorrect facts previously. The point is when is it factually correct, as soon as it is posted, 10mins, 20mins, 2 days? You should have asked for information before posting, most people will only read it once...
  14. V99

I was just going to post that bit before from that same transcript:
  15. V99

That's true Jace. They have a long way to go to position everything. Lots of renaming and classifying to come
  16. V99

The nonsense was for the facts that were nonsense. As in, don't make sense, not factual, nothing more. You have been changing your article, so it's not a case of saying they are there. The quotes are not aimed at you, they are information for everyone else who doesn't want to read the...
  17. V99

It will be as others have said, that they did not use a known human sample to calibrate to. That they were carefully looking, but perhaps in the wrong place.
  18. V99

Here are some important quotes for everyone: and this
  19. V99

http://www.retrovirology.com/content/7/1/57/comments This is the link to Gerwyn's rebuttal
  20. V99

No, but patients base their hopes on forums like this, and the media will use information here, so too will any health organisation that wants to say that the patients are not seeing these problems, so they don't have to do anything. Which mistakes?
  21. V99

Can I then ask, with all respect Cort that you do the checking first. Then post. I'm not sure what you mean by this? Are you talking about references? I do think you should start to provide them, especially when you post about technical details. I may be being harsh, but it's not about...
  22. V99

Yes, I am absolutely trying to stamp out misinformation. I completely realise the implications that such a thing has right now. I will not take my time in writing comments on this, because to be frank, the more everyone here misunderstands the worse off we will be. I agree my posts have...
  23. V99

Lo still has a few more samples to test form the CDC.
  24. V99

I would never do such a ridiculous thing, because it would be misleading people, just like you are doing now. Its great that you write blogs Cort, keep doing it. But when you delve into technical details, you don't check your facts. It's not worth it. We need solid science right now...
  25. V99

You are intentionally saying that these two studies come into conflict, they do not. Both findings can still be correct. What does that even mean? It's a nonsense statement. Which I have been pointing out to you, but somehow you still think that it's 'hardly likely that both findings are...
  26. V99

Again my comments are about you leaving out important information. As you have read.
  27. V99

Clearly you haven't read the paper. What's with the bit about 'write the paper'
  28. V99

No, that is what you are implying. They could have created enough time, they didn't give that as an explanation for not doing the additional experiments. As you say you are interpreting, I will find that quote and show you. You have now put a comment I made in a quote box, this one...
  29. V99

I put the following: You replied That's because it is from the PNAS paper, Lo et al. The one you should have read.