• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Mylifesobright

Smoked Salt and GI distress

Good to know. I've practically done with reintroducing foods and figuring out which ones work for me and which ones don't. I didn't even know about smoked salt until recently. I thought if I could actually use this, it would be a game changer in making meals more interesting, but I guess not.
  2. Mylifesobright

Thanks for responding. Right now I combine the AIP/Low FODMAP and low histamine diet. This combo seems to work the best for me. I realized that I had too much histamine be cause I would get headaches and rashes from things like tuna, canned food and kombucha.
  3. Mylifesobright

A few days ago I decided to try Cherrywood smoked salt to sprinkle on food and all was fine, but on Day 3 I'm having bad stomach aches. I tried black salt a few weeks ago and had the same reaction. I suffer from GI issues, but it hasn't been this bad in a while. I also also avoid high FODMAP...
  4. Mylifesobright

Constipation and Cold body

What you say makes a lot of sense. That's probably what happened. I wish I could take cayenne, but I have a sensitive stomach and it hurts me, plus it's not allowed on the AIP diet which I am on. I have some rhubarb which is coming in the mail tomorrow. It's supposed to be good for...
  5. Mylifesobright

Thanks for the tip. I should have some on hand in the future just in case.
  6. Mylifesobright

Thanks for the list. I'm actually following the AIP diet right now, but I do hope to reintroduce lentils in the future. This experience made me realize how important water is. I mean, I was drinking the average, but if I'm trying to shoot for a gallon a day. I have an app on my phone that...
  7. Mylifesobright

Thanks. Yesterday, I took 1 gram of magnesium and some fiber. Things are a little better.
  8. Mylifesobright

Those are good suggestions. I actually have noticed when I use to exercise frequently at the gym things were a lot smoother. I definitely need to start exercising again. I couldn't imagine going once a week. I've always gone daily, but it's obvious It is still obvious I have constipation. The...
  9. Mylifesobright

Yeah, I think getting magnesium through food sources is fine, but supplementing with it daily is not. I found several sites that say supplement is not the best. "Magnesium citrate can also be used to relieve routine constipation. However, WebMD cautions that milder laxatives should be used for...
  10. Mylifesobright

I have had mild constipation since I was a kid and also suffered with cold limbs. About 3 years ago my constipation got pretty bad. I began to eat more vegetables for fiber and take a magnesium citrate supplement ( which helped a lot) About three weeks ago I began taking Graviola for another...
  11. Mylifesobright

Should Vitamin C be taken if you have high levels of dopamine and noreadrenaline?

I've been slowly transitioning from pills to powdered forms of supplements. Most of the vitamins I take have either the fillers/binders rice flour, silica, cellulose, or vegetable magnesium stearate. I don't know how much of an impact these ingredients have on my health. There is so much...
  12. Mylifesobright

Should Vitamin C be taken if you have high levels of dopamine and noreadrenaline?

Thank you for all the information. Wow, I didn't know that your body could recycle it for that long. It's good to hear that Vitamin C has helped you out so much :) I already get over the 46 mg RDA of Vitamin C from vegetables. I suffer from Adrenal Fatigue among other things and a few years ago...
  13. Mylifesobright

If so, at what dosage? It is said that vitamin c raises dopamine, but vitamin c is almost always listed as one of the top basic vitamins to for health. I've been taking 1000 mg for years. I don't notice a difference when I take it or don't. Taking it has just become routine.
  14. Mylifesobright

Will a PCP refill drug prescribed by Naturopath?

It's helpful just to hear your opinion. I was thinking along the same lines.
  15. Mylifesobright

Will a PCP refill drug prescribed by Naturopath?

If a naturopath prescribes a certain drug and you need a refill, could you go to your PCP to get a refill? What's the likelihood that it would be approved if you have been doing well on it. I'm curious, since seeing a naturopath is not covered by most insurances.
  16. Mylifesobright

Incredible improvements with Helminthic Therapy

My improvements have diminished slightly. I did eat a few things that I probably shouldn't have that caused inflammation. I realize that food allergies usually get better after 1 year to 1 1/2 years of hosting, so It will be some time before I try to add new foods. I'm happy so far with the...
  17. Mylifesobright

How accurate is a taste test for diagnosing iodine deficiency?

I took iodoral for 3 months gradually increasing my dose until I hit 50 mg per day. For the past month I've been taking nascent iodine which I heard your body prefers and I've noticed a little more energy. Starting two days ago I also added potassium iodide liquid made by the company sensible...
  18. Mylifesobright

Are there alternatives besides 7-keto for raising dhea?

I tried oral pregnenolone in the past at 5mg sublingual for a week, but it gave me stomach aches. After that, I tried pregnenolone cream at 15mg and within 3 or 4 days started to sweat like crazy at night. I usually have night sweats (i have been taking some herbs to reduce them, which is...
  19. Mylifesobright

I'm still trying to find a solution for fatigue. I'm taking magnolia bark and seriphos to lower cortisol, which lessens fatigue for me. D-ribose worked for a few weeks in the past. potassium has also helped a little. I have slightly elevated TSH levels, so for the past month, I have been...
  20. Mylifesobright

I've read that DGL is the form that inhibits cortisol, while regular licorice increases it. I bought some 7-keto cream which is suppose to arrive soon and am taking seriphos to lower cortisol. The seriphos helps, but I'm still waking up at 3-4am, which is probably due to my dhea and progesterone...
  21. Mylifesobright

I'm currently taking monk pepper. Do you know of any research that states red clover increases DHEA, because I could not find anything. Licorice root makes me feel pretty bad, when I used it in the past.
  22. Mylifesobright

23andme DNA test failed twice.

I'm a newbie when it comes to this type of stuff, but I have found the video you posted to be very informative. It's interesting to find out that 23andme tests less than 1% of DNA whereas WGS/WEs does 100%. Considering that, It's obvious that Dante Labs is superior. I just emailed the company on...
  23. Mylifesobright

I have done several saliva tests and have found that when i supplement with DHEA, it raises only testosterone, which i do not want. I am not supplement with 7-keto right now, but I did for 8 months last year and my dhea-s level went from 2.7 to 4.5 which is a change, but not that big (at this...
  24. Mylifesobright

Thank You. That price is a little steep for me, as on now, but I plan to eventually use it. Do you think it was worth it? Has your health improved in any way, since getting the results back? It is easy to find reviews on 23andme, but I can't find many comments on whole genome sequencing and...
  25. Mylifesobright

It's been 6 weeks since my last update. Nothing has changed, though I have retained the digestive improvements from Day 5.
  26. Mylifesobright

I took the test twice and failed both times. I followed everything perfectly. 23andme states that "only 3% of first kits fail". It seems that one reason people may fail is because the concentration of DNA is insufficient to produce genotyping results. Does anyone one know why your saliva would...
  27. Mylifesobright

tinctures vs capsules

That makes sense. BTW, I like your username :)
  28. Mylifesobright

tinctures vs capsules

I know that tinctures absorb better, but why is it that the dosage recommended on tincture labels are much higher than the dosage for capsules and tablets. For example, a supplement in capsule form could have a recommended dose of 400mg, but in tincture form, it is 2000mg. Is it a cash grab?
  29. Mylifesobright

So basically, how do I treat low cortisol problem?

I have been using near infrared saunas. I did a hair mineral analysis test a month ago and I'm toxic in mercury, copper, manganese, arsenic and boron.I'm a "poor eliminator" for all , and "elevated" for arsenic. You can see ideal ranges here https://drlwilson.com/Articles/MIN.IDEALS.htm I have...
  30. Mylifesobright

So basically, how do I treat low cortisol problem?

I have a similar situation to yours. My cortisol is low normal. I have other issues which I believe contribute this. So if you have faulty signaling from the hypothalamus and pituitary what can you do? I tried Dr. Wilson adrenal glandular in the past but reacted badly. I had more energy on it...