• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. F

Anybody tried kefir?

Tried Kefir some while ago and which made not one jot of difference to my symptoms.
  2. F

High intensity interval training appears to be working for me

Still going pretty well - normal is my new normal generally speaking. Hope it lasts.
  3. F

OK, another couple of weeks have passed now and on the whole I'm still good. End of last week I did have a return of the fatigue symptoms which coincided with me slacking on the HIIT (usual caveat about correlation and causation here). Got back into more disciplined approach however, and general...
  4. F

Yes, it's odd isn't it, when I'm unwell, even a gentle cycle to the shop can wipe me out. For the record, I started the HIIT with only three minutes (one minute followed by a minute rest) per session although I'm now doing the recommended five minutes three times a week. Yesterday was my first...
  5. F

Just a quick update. Two weeks after my initial post and I'm still good apart from occasional days where I get the nagging headache that's been part of my symptoms from the beginning. This I can handle with ibuprofen or it wears off in time. The main thing is, I've still yet to experience the...
  6. F

I suppose it could be POTS, I've experienced head rushes when standing for as long as i can remember although it really doesn't happen that often. After the fatigue set in, post viral illness, I was never 'officially' diagnosed with anything. Other factors were ruled out after blood tests and...
  7. F

Well, like I said, it does sound like the height of insanity; I only did it out of sheer frustration and fully expected to be properly incapacitated. As it's turned out, I've felt really rather good, sniffles of today notwithstanding, and I've hypothesised as to what might be occurring in...
  8. F

Has anyone tried medical grade marijuana for their ME/CFS symptoms?

I tried medical CBD oil which I got from a company in Holland. At first, it did seem to help but as time went on I regressed back to my usual levels of fatigue, headaches, slight nausea etc. I don't know that it really made a difference although my mum, who's also a sufferer, experienced the...
  9. F

Well, the HIIT I do is very brief indeed and you can do it easily in your house which is why I find it manageable. It has to be said though that it's unpleasant to push yourself to the limit even for a minute, but, hey, it's a grand total of fifteen mins a week! The science suggests that the...
  10. F

OK, so last night I got an onset of the typical symptoms and have been fearing the worst. By the looks of it though, it appears that I may well have caught a cold; I've now got a bunged up nose and bit of a sore throat which is not something I usually experience with the ME/CFS. I'm hoping for...
  11. F

Yeah, it seems rather counterintuitive but it sort of feels like the brevity and intensity kicked my body into gear somehow. Of course, correlation doesn't necessarily equal causation and it could be a remission such as I've had in the past and it's simply coincidence or, less likely but...
  12. F

OK, so first off I will caveat this by appreciating that it sounds like utter madness considering the classic nature of ME/CFS, PEM and all that, and I would also point out that I'd consider myself mild to moderate having never been truly incapacitated over the two years I've been down with this...
  13. F

What effect does getting drunk have on you?

I don't often get drunk but I have a glass of red with meals most days and I find this makes me feel a bit more 'normal'. Maybe this is because of the adrenalin that's released by the body to counteract the depressive effect of the booze or something. Doesn't make much difference to how I feel...
  14. F

''HEAL'' - Trailer and how it relates to our illness

I only know of deepak chopra and regard his word salad utterances, whereby he attempts leverage the seemingly mysterious world of quantum mechanics to add some kind of scientific heft to his screed, with the deepest scepticism. I'm sure there's plenty of people who think he's great and I...
  15. F

Anyone tried Ritalin?

I haven't tried ritalin but I occasionally use modafinil. I appreciate that these work in different ways, as far as I know, but I presume the effect you're wishing to promote information on is the fatigue masking. Apologies if this is irrelevant but I can only talk about the latter, to wit, I...
  16. F

Decent article in the Indy - ME has a physiological cause

Not usually known for considered science/medical reporting but seems like the message is finally starting to filter through to the more, ahem, progressive newspapers. http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/new-recognition-for-chronic-fatigue-a8081751.html#commentsDiv Who...