• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. InsomniacNextDoor

High ammonia - with gut dysbiosis

@renski , thanks for the note. Do you have a reason to suspect heavy metals? I've been living with seven amalgams for seven years and I feel so dumb for ignoring this potential hazard for so long. I just removed them and will start chelation per Andre Cutler protocol. I can not take B complexes...
  2. InsomniacNextDoor

High ammonia - with gut dysbiosis

Hello @renski, I saw this post on high ammonia and some of your description of your condition. It very closely resembles my symptoms too, especially things that you mention: insomnia, depression, chronic fatigue; supplements like B12, Biotin, I feel overstimulated and it makes my...
  3. InsomniacNextDoor

Head Spinning After Genetic Test: MTHFR, COMT, CBS, etc. Help?

@Learner1 wow, thank you for being so kind and sharing this remarkable story here. Sounds like you've done everything you could as a dad and it has paid its dividends. Your experience kind of goes against elicec's critical take on treating SNPs but perhaps you didn't treat them (as you said it...
  4. InsomniacNextDoor

Very possible I have fallen into that place but only in my head and I won't start experimenting until I really do all this study. These 'mystery' conditions really do have a ton of nuts and bolts and easily fit into many narratives. I won't be treating the SNPs, I realize this is futile but...
  5. InsomniacNextDoor

For the longest time I thought I was going crazy, guys because my various experiences with supplements did not fit into any recognized disease pattern. Most methylation products make me too amped up, most liver supporting herbs and supplements keep me cooler at night but make my legs very heavy...
  6. InsomniacNextDoor

@Learner1, thank you so much. You're so right, this is not just about few genes and this is what makes it rather overwhelming. Could you let me know what would provoking of urine heavy metals show me? I'll check out eh NutrEval test. Now that the gene test has been so revealing and explains...
  7. InsomniacNextDoor

Hello, are any of you here dealing with similar gene variations? Having done a genetic test has been very revealing to me because I can finally connect the dots with all these things that I never considered before: sulfur, sulfates, ammonia issues, histamine, and all these paradoxical reactions...
  8. InsomniacNextDoor

Going slow on Molybdenum-Did You?

Misfit, how are you doing? I've read your responses here and I'm afraid I'm in your shoes but without any qualified docs to understand what the hell is going on with me. I struggle with insomnia, methylation issues, food and supplement sensitivities, paradoxical reactions, fatigue, adrenal...
  9. InsomniacNextDoor

dealing with low stomach acid.

Howdy all, this has been very illuminating and perhaps is finally pointing in the right direction. I've had this mystery condition with insomnia for years now. It kind of started when I still lived in CA, USA but worsened when I moved to colder European climate. To make a few pages fit into a...