• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. M

mTor Inhibitor Rapamune Helps 5 ME/CFS Patients in Dallas

Nandixon Can you pleaee give some idea of level od cfs you endure, onset, timeframe etc? Are you planning to slowly increase dosage? Thanks
  2. M

Pero I do not understand what you are trying to say. Are you saying rapamycin cannot and will not work? It is my understsnding that science is only at the tip if tge iceberg in understanding the effects of this drug.
  3. M

I have had this condition severe since I was 14 after contracting chicken-pox and glandular almost simultaneosly. Requiring a long spell in hospital. I certainly couldnt judge rapamycin in a fortnight after having a condition for 36 years.
  4. M

Very interseting Hip. I may try along wuth the metformin. I've spent the last couple of days trying to locate a reliable, cost-effective supplier of rapamycin. Have you chosen a supplier Hip? Are they India based?
  5. M

Hi Is it possible for some kind soul to contact Marcia Adelman for s update in her progress or lack of it with Rapamune? She seemed to be doing remarkably well, but that was 6 months ago. Marcia Adelman
  6. M

Yes, I have taken azithrompycin using the pulsing method at one 500 mg dose per day, for 3 consecutive days. It was too much for me to tolerate and after a while I had to reduce to 250. I would feel rough on the three pulsing days and immeadeately feel better the following 4 days. I feel that in...
  7. M

Crashing after alcohol?

Do as little as possible for as long as possible.
  8. M

What is more after years of researching ME/CFS and Gulf War Syndrome, in my opinion doxycycline is the only treatment to consistently show rapid improvement in symptoms in a subset of patients. It is not a cure snd it will not get you out of s wheelchair, but it has been shown to reduce...
  9. M

This is the reason I am going to try rapamycin first. Having suffered severe ME for 36 years, I have probably tried about 60 or 70 medications and about the same in supplements. The only thing to remotely ease my symptoms id doxycycline. Period. Doxycycline is known modulate the expression of...
  10. M

Hip Like you, I will be cycling rapamycin, do will not be taking every day. With regular blood sugar testing we should have early warning signs. Is type 1 or type 2 more prevelant amongst rapamycin users?
  11. M

@rodgergrummidge I've been hunting for weeks to no avail.
  12. M

Rodger I doubt there is a single person on planet earth that knows 100% the mechanism of true ME. So it is impossible to say, whether it will make the serious subset worse or not. But as someone has has spent most if his life life in the Whitney Dafoe category, I think it is worth a shot. As...
  13. M

Yes metformin seems a sensible precutionary measure. I'm thankful for any info. Good luck. Without people such as yourself, I think I would now be devoid of hope.
  14. M

Dont get me wrong, I would rather do without added long term health problems from heavy medication. Those of us who are severe have a very serious, soul destroying illness. No amount of vitamins or natural remedies will move the needle for us. This I know for sure. It is pointless me trying...
  15. M

Hip I would appreciate it if you could update us on the costs of your rapamycin treatment protocol once you are in the swing of things.
  16. M

Hip After suffering from severe CFS for 36 years, attempting a miriad of treatments and mutiple long stay hospital and care home admissions, I have concluded that I now have no alternative but to trial rapamycin, cyclosporine, cyclophodpmide and rituximab, probably in this order. I have come...