• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. E

Epistemically Challenged "My thinking about science has been...affected by my experience with CFS"

I can sympathise with your phobia of doctors. Have currently a very good doctor, who takes the view that we are adults, and that if I feel a med is not good for me, I can simply stop taking it. This necessary because of recent (hospital) pressure to take statins, which I DO NOT WANT. What is...
  2. E

Stomach causes skipped beats!!

Hubby has had what you describe, OP. For years he thought it was a heart problem. Turned out eventually to be made worse by anxiety, and that he has a hiatus hernia, and that affects the vagus nerve. In addition to what Boolybooly suggested, keep an eye on your salt intake - it should not be too...