• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Muddy

Here’s what I’ve learned so far .

I was doing great, not in complete remission but quality of life was good and I’m holding down full time job and have a girlfriend and stuff. recently I started mixing oatmeal and Greek yogurt together and eating them, huge mistake. My body has become extremely acidic and my joints are all...
  2. Muddy

Best way to describe it was it felt like my body and brain forgot how to handle stress and I had to manually relearn it . Just doing things the old fashioned way is what worked . everytime I would start exercising it would increase inflammation and I would crash and my hormones would get all...
  3. Muddy

Ok , so we’ve got latent viral infection in liver , gallbladder , pancreas , brain. When histamine is low you’ll feel irritable and angry . My skin starts turning yellowish when this happens . low histamine = low libodo raise histamine and you’ll start becoming fearful , anxious , nervous ...
  4. Muddy

How I found the underlying cause of my CFS--anti NMDA antibodies

CFS it’s like bush league ALS. Both conditions are caused by chronic viral infections in the liver, gallbladder, pancreas and brain. People with either condition don’t get acutely sick, no seasonal cold or flu etc. Virus goes systemic , suppressive inflammation shuts down overall immune...
  5. Muddy

I never had a spinal tap done because I read horror stories of people that did. I caught HSV one and during the initial outbreak went through something very, very stressful and then all hell broke loose inside my body and brain. histamine is excitatory. You have to flare the virus up in order...
  6. Muddy

I was bedbound about four months, the weakness in my extremities and the fatigue was so bad I had to sit down to pee cause I didn’t have the strength to stand and I’m a man. and yes I would have pem. Symptoms would get worse and flare and then slowly go away each time. This doesn’t happen...
  7. Muddy

I’m telling you what worked for me. I was bedbound with severe neurological problems and almost died multiple times. I was having a lot of trouble swallowing food, slurring my words, losing use of my motor function in arms and legs , severe GI issues , tremors in arms and hands, healing voices...
  8. Muddy

Light , goal oriented exercise is part of keeping a person functional . There are many bodily processes that are dependent on this exercise. If I were to lay in bed for a week I would develop extreme sensory neurological issues which would trigger flight or fight response from the slightest...
  9. Muddy

I’ll add one thing. Through all of my time dealing with this chronic illness I could never feel love. Even now I can’t feel it, ever . I was stuck in a state of anxiety and overdriven nervous function or depression and numbness. When my liver and gallbladder started working again I started...
  10. Muddy

it’s well known that cancer is caused by chronic inflammation. There are established links between viral infections and all sorts of cancers. HPV is known to cause cervical cancer and head and neck cancer for instance. Go on pub med and search viral infection and cancer and you will see a wealth...
  11. Muddy

The primary area of concern is the liver and gallbladder. When infections establish latency in these organs they produce low grade inflammation which messes up digestion , detoxification , hormone balance and T cell function . when histamine goes high it makes the sensory issues much worse ...
  12. Muddy

Haven’t checked this message board in a while, hope everyone is doing OK. anyway I thought I would share what I’ve learned the past few years. some basic fundamental health information to start with… All disease is caused by inflammation . All inflammation is caused by infection . Most of us...
  13. Muddy

Have you ruled out Chiari or Craniocervical Instability (CCI) as a cause of your CFS

To put it very simply when you exercise you boost immune response to infection which makes symptoms worse, but it’s the only way to clear it . Balancing nervous system with exercise is huge aspect to recovery
  14. Muddy

Have you ruled out Chiari or Craniocervical Instability (CCI) as a cause of your CFS

He had decompression surgery , it did nothing . Shawn’s condition started after he caught HSV 2. Virus went systemic . He had blisters that tested positive for hsv 2 but even years after exposure he tested negative for IGG antibodies to the virus (something that is common with that particular...
  15. Muddy

This all started for me after catching hsv 1. The best advice I can give you is if you want to shift from th2 to th1 the guidelines are Limiting Stress (physical and psychological, and overstimulation of the senses like large crowds , watching tv or phone etc) think positive and strong and...
  16. Muddy

Didn’t see that , and yes it’s a very sad situation . I talked to him quite a bit over the last few years . He was a good dude
  17. Muddy

The creator of this thread died last week , he tried a few different treatments and I think was going to try or in the process of trying rituxmab . His name was Shawn Kragen . All of this cfs/ME/encephalitis stuff started for him after he caught HSV 2. He firmly believed that conventional...
  18. Muddy

Burning brain

Viral reactivation . Burning would point to hsv 1 ,2 or shingles . Infection is chronic because of poor methylation. (Liver /gallbladder infection?) Look into estrogen dominance , histamine intolerance and copper issues . Get body methylation working and you’ll detox and histamine levels will...
  19. Muddy

Is it all histamine ?

high histamine reduces T cells ability to function properly , non functioning T cells cause infections to be chronic . So virus infects body and than we have raised histamine levels and food and environmental allergies. The constant release of histamine shuts down immune function . Anyone have...
  20. Muddy

Giving up

Do low histamine diet and work on lowering "histamine bucket" High histamine in body impairs T cells , impaired T cells can't control infections ...
  21. Muddy

ME/CFS stopped with outbreak of autoimmune disease

When it comes to ME or any similar illness it's about whether your under the infection (ME) or over the infection ("autoimmune ") I think it all comes down to nervous system function , get your nervous system in control and body will mount a proper response to the infections , if nervous system...
  22. Muddy

Is this methylation or detox ? Urine changing ?

I was tested for all STDs and I'm negative, also negative for UTI. I did contract herpes simplex type one on my penis though. This started way before that though. It's not mucus, I have a video but I'm not sure how to post it . does anyone else have any info on the interplay between histamine...
  23. Muddy

Forgot to add that when this happens my skin get flushed in face and neck . I think it's def affecting the histamine issues in my body but I notice my social anxiety and body crashing after being in crowded places or social situations is getting much better
  24. Muddy

Can't get video to upload but here is pic
  25. Muddy

I have a question for fellow group members here. I have a job delivering pizzas and in between deliveries I work in the kitchen, it keeps me pretty physically active. When I am at work and I get my body moving and blood pumping when I pee my urine turns darker and has weird see thru little...
  26. Muddy

Songs repeating in head constantly

Yes , I had chronic fatigue for years due to EBV (very high IGG levels ) and than caught herpes simplex and felt a burning and tingling in the back of my brain. By the next day I had started developing many new symptoms and now I'm afraid it's progressing to ALS. ALS is similar to CFS in many...
  27. Muddy

Songs repeating in head constantly

the past few months I've been having songs I hear repeating in my head every waking moment . It will be the chorus of a song I hear and it just keeps playing all day in my head , it's extremely annoying . I believe it's due to excess glutamate or histamine . Has anyone dealt with this symptom...
  28. Muddy

Calcium Paradox

I read that Cellular stress causes poor digestion and body becomes overly acidic , body uses minerals to buffer acidity .
  29. Muddy

Theory about pem

When it comes to ME or chronic fatigue you have underlying cellular stress induced by chronic neurological infection , it's being in a state of constant high stress and overstimulation . When you exercise you further stress an already stressed body and than you crash . The trick with...