• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

Strange symptoms (NAC)

hi @kaffirlime dont you happen to have chlamydia Pn infection? NAC produces die-off symptoms in people infected with chlamydia pn. I was infected with Chlamydia Pn when my symptoms kicked in so I want to try this...
  2. S

Tried dichloroacetate, Great energy return - But Chemical Taste to it

hi @rodgergrummidge i dont get you wrong, and i like your due diligence but what about the in vitro studies and the summary from Prof Michelakis? https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2567082/ I am not saying that patients should self-administer DCA or go to Medicor based on mice...
  3. S

hi @rodgergrummidge Re Medicor I agree with most of your remarks and i would not recommend them either. Still, they also have published articles in reputable papers: long term stabilisation of stage 4 colon cancer: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5067498/ Re the theory of how...
  4. S

hi @rodgergrummidge Seemingly the Canadian health system enables doctors and medical centers (at least in some cases) to take drugs that are approved (and known) against ANY disease - and re-use these against other diseases. I believe it is the same in the US. Definitely not in Europe...
  5. S

hi @rodgergrummidge great discussion indeed, thanks for sharing your view. It is surprising to me that the overall level is only marginally increased after years. Also, what you shared resonated with my experience: even after I stopped DCA I noticed the improvements remained. With regards...
  6. S

hi @rodgergrummidge Did these patients have breaks ? I dont think they were taking DCA for 60 months continuously. Also, in the cerebrospinal fluid the half -life is appr 5 days based on several reports, interesting case: "A 46-year old patient with melanoma which had metastasized to the...
  7. S

hi @XenForo - did you make a pause? like 5 days on 2 days off? The absorption is kind of slow so what you take is somewhat cumulative. they recommend having breaks.
  8. S

hi @pattismith I would not be comfortable with encouraging people to take a toxic drug but I think that 4 days is too short to judge.... or is it normal for supplements / drugs to work THAT quickly against CFS?
  9. S

hi All, I am glad somebody opened this topic. First of all: I am unsure if have CFS / ME (on top of my hopefully beaten cancer) but its very likely in my view. my story here: http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/cfs-me-in-addition-to-cancer.54331/ Second: it is a toxic drug...
  10. S

Citric Acid to Treat Fatigue

Dear All, I noticed that Citric Acid helps me. I take it daily. It helps with back pain and fasciculations / paresthesias, boosts my energy too. I notice the impact after a few days already. I take 5 grams per day, orally. Nothing major but it definitely helps beyond the placebo effect...
  11. S

Is it worth explaining the difference between ME and CFS to the public??

Hi all, I am not diagnosed but I have PEM, backpain and all kinds of neurological symptoms since one year ago. . Doctors keep pointing to the chemoterapy I received against germ cell cancer, even though that should not cause the symptoms i have (not even in rare, 1/1000 cases). MRI is normal...
  12. S

has anyone had these symptoms

@jmcaines have you had a diagnosis since your posts? ..i share some of your symptoms. thank you. sinas