• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Meruem

Treating CFS/ME with TNF-a inhibitors?

So I was diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis last month.Doctors say that's what's causing my fatigue but after doing some research and spending some time on the AS forums I think that most likely I also have CFS/ME since most people there are at least able leave the house and my current state...
  2. Meruem

Diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis!

I'm never bedridden but I spend most of the time the past 6 months at home..I only leave to see doctors and maybe go see a friend once in a while for a bit. I feel like no matter what I do(pacing or be active) the fatigue is the same,it's just so much for me to do things.I wanna do the things I...
  3. Meruem

I haven't been tested for HLAB27 yet but radiographic feature like sacroilitis are much more reliable in diagnosing this disease so I think there's no need to. I hope I don't have both..I feel like many CFS/ME cases are actually misdiagnoses of a condition or multiple ones..Maybe this one is my...
  4. Meruem

So I just got diagnosed with Axial Spondyloarthritis shown in MRI and X-ray.Ankylosing spondylitis can cause fatigue and pain and mostly back pain.The thing is,I'm not sure that that's what's causing all my symptoms.It's a serious chronic disease and it sucks that I have it and not only that,I'm...
  5. Meruem

Who has improved?

Very happy for you.What was your CFS like,(onset,symptoms etc) and what things have you tried to recover or did your condition improved on its own?
  6. Meruem

Who has improved?

I'm trying not to give up,but after searching so much about CFS it seems that most people remain ill for their whole life.Is that true?What is the percentage of people who improve and even recover?I'm new to this illness(only 4 months) and I'm willing to try everything,but not knowing what's...
  7. Meruem

Homeopathy poll

I started homeopathy 2 weeks ago and my homeopathist has given me hope.There's no response yet though.I've been looking at different threads and there's some people say that it helped but some others say "it's not good for anything". So I decided to make this poll and see how many responded well.
  8. Meruem

Can orthodontic braces cause CFS?

nope,never had amalgam fillings
  9. Meruem

I forgot to ask you guys,did anyone improve with homeopathy?
  10. Meruem

Almost 3 months ago at 18th of May I went to the orthodontist and he changed the archwire of my braces to a new wider one.Back then it was only 2 months that I had been wearing the braces and only in my upper teeth with no problems.But after he changed my archwire to a new one,the same night I...