• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. R

"You and yours" BBC phone in on "chronic fatigue" -26 sept

At the end of the programme the presenter said that they had been overwhelmed by people's response to the show, more than for any other issue they'd covered. And this is "you and yours" a very popular Radio 4 programme. This response says volumes about the lack of proper care in the U.K. For...
  2. R

winters coming ...

We do have a time change but thats not the trigger for me. Seems more connected with cold damp and reduced daylight, all 3.
  3. R

winters coming ...

Yes I also think that the symptoms are more due to vasoconstriction than SAD and a Dr did once suggest the same. The body, weakened or already burdened by M.E struggles to maintain normal temperature once the temperature drops as the seasons change. Hence my feeling of a switch being switched...
  4. R

winters coming ...

I've lived with M.E for more than 30 years and throughout this time have tried many therapies and supplements etc with limited results. I'm posting here as I'm seeking some advice: My symptoms have always got substantially worse in the winter (for reference, I live in London, England). There's...