• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. M

Iodine - The Biggest Result I've Had So Far

May have something to do with the suspected 'low T3 syndrome' in some CFS patients: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29615976 For me, low body temperature and the low energy that goes with it seem to be a sign that something is wrong with thyroid hormones (maybe T3 resistance in tissues...
  2. M

Life threateningly sick... what can I do?? (aldosterone, adrenaline, food allergies, etc)

What would abnormalities on the 24-hour fractioned catecholamine test indicate?
  3. M

B vitamins and blurry vision?

Hmmmm very interesting, thanks so much for the information. So I should probably try taking glycine then, right?
  4. M

What you're experiencing seems very much the same as what I am. I suspect there is something like the "refeeding syndrome" (that @Freddd describes) going on, and we are missing some other nutrient. Excess B12 for me leads to the blurry vision, floaters, which suggests another nutrient is...
  5. M

Life threateningly sick... what can I do?? (aldosterone, adrenaline, food allergies, etc)

Helminthic therapy entails inoculating oneself with helminths, which are basically a kind of parasitic worm. The therapy is based on the hygiene hypothesis/biome depletion theory which essentially states that the absence of certain organisms that we coevolved with is causing abnormal immune...
  6. M

I had some very similar symptoms when I was developing what I'm pretty sure was adrenal insufficiency (maybe autoimmune origin). My cortisol levels were dropping....still within the range of 'normal' (I think they were 9 at the lowest), but I had serious symptoms, like weight loss, nerve pain...
  7. M

Do people recover?

do you know what the regimen was?
  8. M

Alright I'll try that
  9. M

I have been experimenting with @Freddd 's methylation protocol, or some approximation of it, for many months now. I am having a hard time striking the right balance. At first I had excellent results with just hydroxyB12, but then it became clear I was low on other b vitamins. I then had positive...
  10. M

Medication

I've been wondering about Zach Bush's product as well. Hard to tell whether it might work, but Dr Bush seems like a very smart guy
  11. M

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Hi Freddd, Thanks so much for your response. Do you recommend jumping to a high methylfolate dose of something like 4mg, since small amounts cause symptoms? One other question: Is taking SAM-e a good test to see whether someone even needs methylation support in the first place?
  12. M

B-12 - The Hidden Story

@Freddd I'm wondering if you can help me. I began taking hydroxycobalamin months ago and it initially had a profoundly positive effect. It felt like my muscles were turned on for the first time in a few years, and I could finally do some very basic exercise. However, it didn't last. My initial...