• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Jay Dezi

Fatigue after sleep

What helped immensely with my pain was when I started REALLY regulating my sleep. Wake up at 8:30am, no naps all day, at 8:30pm take 600mg magnesium and 3mg melatonin. No blue light after 8:30pm. And 10mg Amitriptaline at 10pm when I go to sleep. I know that's not exactly what you asked but I...
  2. Jay Dezi

Moving to the UK and The Lightning Process?

hey @joshkz thanks for the recommendation! I'm all about silly things that work! :lol: If there was no mystery left in the world it would be a pretty boring place! I've noticed that my mood effects me a lot since being ill and I fiercely believe in mind over matter, so these treatments may be...
  3. Jay Dezi

Anyone know a good doctor in the Greater Manchester area?

thanks @wiltedflower77 , it's great to hear from someone who has actually taken it. I haven't tried NLP, i'll look into it. Also thanks for all your suggestions on doctors. :)
  4. Jay Dezi

Thanks @Countrygirl , I'll try to be smart. I really appreciate your concern. :) I didn't know about the MEA. That's great to know. Is there other resources I should know about? Like disability, or government tax breaks etc?
  5. Jay Dezi

wow, thanks for all the replies! My brain has been mush since getting ME so i don't have the brainpower to be as informed on this stuff as I would like. I really appreciate your input. Sadly, I don't have the option of sticking around Canada, I'm marrying a Brit. :D I did sign the petition...
  6. Jay Dezi

I'm moving to the UK and I'm looking for a doctor that has some experience with CFS/ME. Technically, I'll be in Northwich, Chester, but it's just southwest of Manchester. Any suggestions on doctors, clinics or treatments in the UK? I've heard good things about Ampligen but it's not approved...
  7. Jay Dezi

I'll be moving to Northwich, Just south of Manchester
  8. Jay Dezi

Hi, So I'm moving from Canada to the UK to be with my fiancee. I've had ME for 1.5 years. Is there anything I should know about having CFS/ME in the UK? A lot of my fiancee's friends in the UK have recommended the lightning process to me, saying it made the biggest difference for them when...
  9. Jay Dezi

What are your worst symptoms?

The cognitive dysfunction is the most frustrating for me, I love learning and challenging my brain and I'd feel a lot better about having to spend all my time in bed if I could be learning new skills and taking courses. The pain though can get to me every once in a while. I have constant...