• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Matt_B

Will fixing Hypometabolic state also fix cognition problems?

@alex3619 Thanks alex...Could it be that the virusinfection (enterovirus) of the CNS also affects the hypophysis aka Pituitary through an inflammation or damage so the hormone production is stopped or lowered? I am pretty scared about that thought.
  2. Matt_B

Will fixing Hypometabolic state also fix cognition problems?

I had an MRI in July, ca. 7 months after ME onset. They found a 2mm hyposensivity but said that its pretty common. Would you say that such things are responsible for the various cognitive problems (I cant concetrate or have social contact/sensations a longer time otherwise I got a terrible...
  3. Matt_B

Brain feels enflamed

I also have this "burning" sensations with ME which take place mainly in the head but also in the neck. This usually occur when I got stress or even in reading/concentrate. Especially when I am sourrounded by a lot of people or complex things there is some kind of over-exertion to the brain...