• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

The 3 Ps A Closer Look at the Middle One

All - One thing I didn't mention is that Curly is a fan for life of the Se, which she regards as the 'All-Conquering Hero' of the piece. By contrast, her opinion of the ALA is that it 'did nothing'. I don't believe the latter is true of course, as the ALA works very much behind the scenes...
  2. S

600 - ouch. I in my blissful ignorance knew about three of them, and concentrated on only one. I keep warning Curly not to push it, I always bear in mind your warning earlier in this thread. Thanks again! stressman.
  3. S

Hi Rich and Freddd - thank you both for your kind comments! Ill add a couple of notes now: Rich Yes indeed, the low lectin diet is gluten-free, though in my studies so far I have seen a couple of references which tentatively suggest that gluten intolerance is due to the lectin content rather...
  4. S

Right, finally caught my breath for a second! A brief report on Curly and Kass, and an equally brief summary of what I've been doing and why. Finally, a newly unearthed evil waiting in the wings. Kass has been completely in the clear for a good few months now, despite another bout of flu...
  5. S

Thank you my Little Curly Bird and Rich for your very kind words! Of course, every doting father believes his daughters to be the most wonderful in the world. They're wrong. Mine are... On this thread, I'm preparing a post to consolidate everything I started with, and everything I've got to...
  6. S

Well, two success stories so far. On Kass, her crash, as I suspected at the beginning (hoped!) was down to a virus which hubbie and the two kids all caught at the same time. What is interesting though is that the latter three all manifested the illness, whilst Kass only manifested the post-viral...
  7. S

Hi everyone, I've been doing a bit more searching on pectins as chelators, but so far haven't come up with anything really meaty. Plenty of anecdotes though. Do we have an expert on these? Meanwhile, Kass has had a crash as of yesterday and she's pretty distressed. It may or may not be a...
  8. S

Things are getting exciting with Kass now. Her P5P B6 and dibencozide B12 sublingual (thanks Freddd) have arrived. I texted her after a few days with my usual laconic "How?" and got back an equally laconic "B's are brilliant!" It turns out that instead of sleeping 12-14 hours per night she's now...
  9. S

Hi Topaz, thanks for contributing. Fortunately, both Curly and Kass use virgin coconut oil, the former inspierd by the latter. So do I, albeit the cheapo stuff (1.50 compared with about 8.00 a tub). As an aside, I've also discovered coconut flour. It may not be therapeutic, but boy does it make...
  10. S

I look forward to that test result Freddd. I found the Country Life stuff on iHerb, a site I use very often. It's cheaper and quicker for me in the UK to buy from iHerb in most instances. That's the famous American service in action! How universal would the objection to folic acid be, or does...
  11. S

Freddd - thanks for the info and the warning! I'm straight off now to Google the adb12, I've never heard of it before. stressman
  12. S

Rich - Firstly, I'm glad your symptoms have tamed down! I didn't realise you are three years older than I am, I'd always pictured you as a 30-something young go-getter. Just shows you what we oldies can do... Do I take it correctly that you are now using DCA? I got interested in it several...
  13. S

DCA(Dichloroacetate)

Hi Overstressed - Rich posted about DCA here: http://forums.phoenixrising.me/archive/index.php/t-6739.html I got interested in the stuff too a few weeks ago with a view to trying it for my daughter's CFS. That's how I found Rich's post. I wish the very best to your father. stressman
  14. S

Thanks everyone for your fascinating posts. I'm learning as I go along and every bit helps! So to Curly's sister, let's call her Kass (she'd like that). Well, this thread is about the middle P, precipitation, and now I'm faced with a real case of it. What I've done is banged Kass straight...
  15. S

Thanks for this Rich. Can you recommend a palatable form of uncooked starch? Curly and I have been scratching our heads over this. Meanwhile, I recently got her on glucose tablets rather than sugar, the latter containing fructose which is getting some bad press at the moment (YouTube "Lustig...
  16. S

That's an absolute wiz of a post Rich, thanks! I'll copy and paste it to Curly. All the best, stressman
  17. S

Going straight there now juniemarie. Thanks! stressman
  18. S

Hi everyone - Week 18 of the Se detox phase. Curly doesn't want to add anything else until her "traditional" relapse time of September. Curly continues to gain weight, having gone through a short phase a few months back where she lost a bit. She's still struggling to find a diet that's right...
  19. S

Thanks for this Rich. Meanwhile, Curly seems to have found a magic bullet for her intestines which she's offered to the community in case it might help a bit in at least some cases. Pasted here: "Here you go, Daddy! xxx Like anyone with ME/CFS, I have a miserable digestive system. Half...
  20. S

Week 13 of 200 g/day of Se. Curly has been more or less crashed since last September. She does have her brighter days/weeks/months though. Last year we managed to make it to three family weddings a fair way up country. It was after the last one she crashed. Mercifully, Curly is very in tune...
  21. S

Rich and Freddd - thanks for the gems! stressman
  22. S

Week ten of the Se, 200 g/day. "Things" happening? A couple of months ago Curly told me that she had had no IBS problems until the CFS precipitated. Last night she told me that her innards now feel "completely normal for the first time in years". Well, we're watching this space to see if that...
  23. S

Hi Anne/Rich, No, sorry, I misquoted the good Dr Atkins re EBV feeding off Se. I have no references saying it does. I had in mind, though, whatever other viral beasts may be lurking ready to pounce when the glutathione goes down. That includes reverse transcriptase (RT) of which Se is an...
  24. S

Hi Anne, Glandular fever is the EBV is it not? EBV feeds on Se, and given that NZ is Se deficient in the soil, your dose looks pretty small. Dr Atkins thinks we should all be taking 200 g every day, and he was basically addressing Americans who are well off in it. I wouldn't dream of arguing...
  25. S

Thanks Anne. How did you do on that, and are you still taking the Se? Regards, stressman.
  26. S

I started this thread on a note of surprise at discovering that IBS sufferers have very similar pathologies to PWC’s, and wondering why the condition precipitated to CFS in some but not in the case of PWIBS’s. It seemed to have something to do with toxic load, perhaps less in the PWIBS group...
  27. S

Hi everyone - please bear with me, I'm turning up some fantastic stuff during my continuing research. I'll write it up this week and post it. Meanwhile, Curly's on her sixth week of 200 g of selenium. No change of course, but we don't expect any at this stage. If you're still interested...
  28. S

Correlation between H2S urine test and Epsom salt tolerance

Shall do Rich, thanks! In addition to the strep and entero, prevotella (anaerobic?) is also a culprit. The recommended drug is Rifaximin, used for travellers' stomach. Unfortunately it is not available in the UK, where penicillin and metronidazole are used instead. These two wreak havoc with...
  29. S

Correlation between H2S urine test and Epsom salt tolerance

Hi again Rich, My daughter ("Curly") tested very positive to the H2S urine test a year ago, and has had two further bouts of antibiotics since for H2S flare-up. In the past few months Curly has been bathing in Epsom salts and has also taken the mag chloride form transdermally. Her reaction...
  30. S

Hi Rich, Aye, but I've been out of Scientology for about 26 years now, though it is still with great fondness and admiration that I remember its techniques. Controversial, oh yes! Interestingly, the sauna detox did not, to the best of my recollection, use any chelator, the toxins simply...