• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. M

PACE-gate ……. More wrongdoings? – PARTICIPANT NUMBERS seemingly just DON’T ADD UP

Table B is near the end: Direct link http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0022399914001883#t0035 Center A has 86 ≤ 4 and 24 >4 => 110 total participants B : 74 : 34 = 108 C : 78 : 57 = 135 D : 38 : 75 = 113 E : 32 : 79 = 111 F : 5 : 58 = 63 Total 640 (off by 1 from the 641) F is...
  2. M

PACE-gate ……. More wrongdoings? – PARTICIPANT NUMBERS seemingly just DON’T ADD UP

To answer my own comment yes it's "less than or equal to 4"
  3. M

Because I like playing devil's advocate and trying to spot flaws... ;) >>If you add up the participants experiencing less than 4 and >>more than 4 adverse events then that should give you how >>many participants were at each centre. Does that include those with "exactly 4" ?
  4. M

It'll be good to see all those other figures so we know what we should expect from Kings. Any ETA on when they'll be published?
  5. M

From the Frenchay news link >> Around 70 patients This could have been 74 rounded to the nearest 10 for the sake of reporting. This gives us: 135 + 63 + 74 + 100 = 372 => 269/2 = 134.5 i.e. less than the stated max of 135. Similar rounding errors could be in the Edinburgh report, so although...