• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. ljimbo423

Preprint: Broken Connections: The Evidence for Neuroglial Failure in ME/CFS

I don't really have a clear theory rate now.
  2. ljimbo423

Preprint: Broken Connections: The Evidence for Neuroglial Failure in ME/CFS

That post of mine was posted in January 2022. I don't think neuroinflammation is the cause of ME/CFS now.
  3. ljimbo423

Probiotics Alter Structural Integrity In The Brain, Reducing Depressive Episodes

It is really interesting how much influence the gut has in the body and brain. It's so very complicated and they still have far more to learn about this interaction then they already know. Maybe at some point in the future, they'll be able to give probiotics to people for anxiety and...
  4. ljimbo423

Dorsal Vagal Complex Responsible for Sickness Behaviour

To be a little more specific, this group of cells detects inflammation, which triggers the sickness response. I think the next question would be "where is the inflammation coming from in ME/CFS"? If the sickness response is what's causing us to feel sick.
  5. ljimbo423

Long COVID Now Looks like a Neurological Disease, Helping Doctors to Focus Treatments - Scientific american

It does sound like Nath is saying that in some cases, ME/CFS does cause damage that can be hard to reverse. I disagree. I've researched ME/CFS for about 15 years and haven't seen any studies that show this. Also, people have fully recovered, some after decades, without any damage done to their...
  6. ljimbo423

Botkins! Little robots that allow bedbound patients to explore the world!

How cool is that!! :woot::thumbsup:
  7. ljimbo423

Fun with science videos

I didn't know they moved in networks like that. It's facinating to watch them!
  8. ljimbo423

Does the brain's perception of time and pH play a role?

Me too. I've tried to follow the basics of this thread but find it way over my head, as I know very little about physics. Although I do find what very little I can understand really interesting.:) I agree. I think everybody has a right to express their opinion, as long as it's in a respectful...
  9. ljimbo423

Can anyone have regular good sleep without a medication to help?

I use to have terrible insomnia, for many years. Maybe getting 3-5 hours of sleep a night. Now I get about 8-8.5 hours of sleep, out of 9, almost every night without medication. I have for several years. I take 6-700 mg holy basil, .62 mg (620 mcg) sublingual melatonin and 50 mg 5 htp, about...
  10. ljimbo423

Is CFS the same illness as fibromyalgia: evaluating the ‘single syndrome’ hypothesis (Abbi and Natelson, 2012)

I wonder if some of us would be better off going with a Fibromyalgia diagnosis. It seems to be taken more seriously than ME/CFS.
  11. ljimbo423

Is CFS the same illness as fibromyalgia: evaluating the ‘single syndrome’ hypothesis (Abbi and Natelson, 2012)

They still have that. Here is a link to Pyrrhus' full post on the current diagnostic criteria for fibromyalgia.
  12. ljimbo423

I think it is the same illness, but with a spectrum of exercise intolerance (PEM). Some people with Fibromyagia I think get PEM or fatigue, but usually milder than us. But some people with Fibromyalgia don't get PEM and are helped with exercise. This is from Pyrrhus' post above-
  13. ljimbo423

These are really good points Pyrrhus. This makes a lot of sense to me. If they are the same illness, it makes sense that different researchers would find a lot of over-lap, as their understanding of Fibromyalgia and ME/CFS continues to evolve. I think they will be considered one illness at...
  14. ljimbo423

Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and fibromyalgia are indistinguishable by their cerebrospinal fluid prote… (Schutzer et al, 2022)

I have both ME/CFS and fibromyalgia, and have for many years. I've never looked at them as separate illnesses. I think they are the same illness, just expressing itself with different primary symptoms.
  15. ljimbo423

Selenium causing detox reaction?

I just want to clarify this for others, to help with their dosing. A mcg (microgram) is 1/1,000 th of a milligram, and milligram is 1/1,000 th of a gram. So there are 1,000 mcgs in a milligram and 1,000 mgs (milligrams) in a gram.
  16. ljimbo423

Feel like I’m watching myself from a distance

Yes, I can't imagine what that must be like for you @Sarahloudobby. Do you have anxiety with this out of body experience?
  17. ljimbo423

This is exactly how it feels Yippee! You nailed it!! It really is terrifying for those few seconds.
  18. ljimbo423

I get something like that, sometimes. When I get it, I just feel kind of detached from reality a little, and it usually only lasts a few seconds. It feels really scary, even though it only lasts a few seconds.
  19. ljimbo423

Doesn‘t Long Covid after vaccinations rule out the persisting virus theory?

I think it must in these people. One can't get Covid 19 from the vaccine. So it could be concluded that at least in some people, Long Covid can be caused by something other then the Covid 19 virus. Just as ME/CFS can be triggered by many things too, not just viral infections. I do think ME/CFS...
  20. ljimbo423

Why Does Long COVID get $1.15 billion and ME/CFS only $60 million??

This is how I see as well. Different names but same illness.
  21. ljimbo423

Why Does Long COVID get $1.15 billion and ME/CFS only $60 million??

I think one reason is the Government thinks Long Covid is much more of a financial threat to society than ME/CFS because the number of people with Long Covid already and that it continues to grow fast. I think ME/CFS and Long Covid have the same root cause. So I feel any research that goes...
  22. ljimbo423

MORE REVEALED ABOUT THE VAGUS NERVE, AND HOW IT WORKS ......

Thanks Yippee for all the time and effort you put into these posts! I'm finding them really interesting and can relate to a lot of what you posted. Here are just a couple of the many things that I can relate to...... My neck almost always feels like it's clamped in a vise, it's so tight and...
  23. ljimbo423

Egg whites suddenly taste odd, metallic like, cant tolerate them. Urine smells the same as they taste. Dehydration symptom clue?

I am almost constantly dehydrated and have been for as long as I can remember, and I eat tons of salt. No matter how much water I drink, I'm still dehydrated consistently. I also get weird changes to the taste of food, fairly often. I think these are both ME/CFS symptoms for me.
  24. ljimbo423

Concerned bee sting will set me back permanantly

I get hives on my legs sometimes, mainly my left leg. They get very red, hot and itchy and cover most of my leg. I don't know if it's a reaction certain foods I eat, supplements I take, or something else. It can really freak me out sometimes, because they cover so much of my leg, are so itchy...
  25. ljimbo423

Scapula pain

It's not constant, but usually starts shortly after I hunch over to do dishes, prepare food etc. It does very in intensity from no pain, to intense pain. Where it hurts so much I can't tolerate what I'm doing and need to sit down.
  26. ljimbo423

Scapula pain

This is my most constant and most debilitating pain. It's why I usually have to take breaks from what I'm doing. It seems to be the most painful when I'm hunched over doing dishes in the sink or prepping food in the sink. I usually have the same problem with my neck also. If I turn it more than...
  27. ljimbo423

FREE Long Covid and ME/CFS VIRTUAL SUMMIT

FREE Long Covid and ME/CFS VIRTUAL SUMMIT, July 11-17, 2022
  28. ljimbo423

"The Secrets of COVID `Brain Fog' are Starting to LIft" WIRED Jul 1, 2022

Thanks @Hip, that was my basic understanding too, but I didn't read much of the paper, so I wasn't sure if I understood it right.
  29. ljimbo423

I just read some of the study. It sounds like it's immune system activation from Covid 19 is what causes the "Reactive microglia". What is causing the "Reactive microglia" in that study, if not immune system stimulation from Covid 19? I'm not trying to give you a hard time Hip, just trying to...
  30. ljimbo423

I get extreme reactions to very low doses of almost any supplement. Even ginger root, which is extremely mild, a dose of 100 mg sends my energy soaring and my anxiety with it. I could give dozens of examples like this, to herbs and supplements.