• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. herpesbaby

I'm in big trouble , need some help...

OK good. Just making sure. R u drowsy?
  2. herpesbaby

I'm in big trouble , need some help...

How do you know it's not HIV?
  3. herpesbaby

mono update

Tomorrows gonna be the last day of 24th week of this ilness. On Wednesday month#7 starts. My symptoms are: dizziness, spaced out lightheaded drunk feeling, fatigue, swollen area above eyes, eye pressure, short term memory problems, falling asleep very late and waking up late. If it's mono wheh...
  4. herpesbaby

Eyes are never fully awake

September 20th update: area above my eyes is swollen 24/7 since june i think. I'm dizzy 24/7 since April 19th. Tried acyclovir for 5 weeks and valtrex for 6 weeks. On interferon since late May. Also took 3 courses of inosine pronobex. On August 10th got tested for mono. High ebv igg levels which...
  5. herpesbaby

Dysbiosis Treatment with ABX, KDM

What if you'll take probiotics along with antibiotics?
  6. herpesbaby

I've given up on all treatment

I'm sorry. I know that so many people are gonna hate me for what I'm about to write but... I've never believed in any supplements or vitamins. Pills from pharmacy might help one thing but be bad for your liver or kidneys.
  7. herpesbaby

Starting out on Acyclovir

imho u should change a doctor/clinic @cb2
  8. herpesbaby

Please read the instructions of the pills then and believe pills' bioavailability info, It is calculated by scientists and approved by authorities. @cb2 Re your question on brain: you WOULD KNOW. When virus really hits the brain that's when people cant think properly, can't draw circles, are...
  9. herpesbaby

Also, those who want to try Lerner's, or any other protocol really that requires daily prolonged medical therapy. Liver and kidneys function should be checked before the treatment
  10. herpesbaby

We are roughly talking about 10 vs 55% of bioavailability. @cb2
  11. herpesbaby

No it wouldn't. When you take acyclovir orally, it doesn't go to your bloodstream right away. It goes literally to yous stomach. It eventually does go to your bloodstream, but in very tiny percentage of it. You'd have to take gazillion of pills per day to achieve the bioavailability of Valtrex...
  12. herpesbaby

So it was costly because I don't have insurance and that's one of the reasons why I stopped. But, here in developing eastern country, pharmacies cell medicine that have expiration date thats in 6 or less months, half price. It was still pricey though. I don't know if it's the same in the west in...
  13. herpesbaby

Re good effects: when I was on valtrex my low grade fever went away, headache subsided, I felt better and had more energy.
  14. herpesbaby

Lower doses, in my humble opinion, won't work. Woman, there were studies! Lerner suggested high doses for a reason and unless you are anorexic, do not take low doses. Itll be a waste of money.
  15. herpesbaby

First of all, Lerner never suggested acyclovir. You need to take Valtrex! Its bioavailability is way higher than the regular acyclovir. Valtrex turns into acyclovir in your liver, that's why it works. How much do you weight? You'll need to take 3-4 grams of valtrex a day. Make sure you drink...
  16. herpesbaby

Any help gratefully received

I've started taking probiotics like a month ago and already feel the difference. I will look into dygestive enzymes, thank you indeed @Quilp I cried a few times today reading your threads. I was amazed how you managed to meet your wife while being sick. I'm sorry but I don't want to end up like...
  17. herpesbaby

Any help gratefully received

Did you have problems with gut from the very beginning? @Quilp
  18. herpesbaby

Herpes Cure Needs Free To Choose Medicine 8/18/17 FEE.org

I read half of it. Didn't see the answer. Gave up.
  19. herpesbaby

Young Leader on the Road to Recovery and Helping Others

Do you really think it took her 16 years to recover from grandular fever? @Mithriel
  20. herpesbaby

Peanut-allergy cure close after Australian breakthrough

Hopefully one day they'll come up with something for lactose intolerant people too
  21. herpesbaby

Extremely itchy vagina OMG

You have no idea how much I appreciate your post. Thank you indeed <3
  22. herpesbaby

Yolanda Foster Has 20-Year-Old Leaky Silicon Implant Removed to Help Alleviate Lyme Disease Symptoms

@Ecoclimber Only recently, in the middle of June, she went on remission after 6 years of struggle, according to her instagram. Just sharing. She did not say what/ which protocol helped her. But she must've tried everything.
  23. herpesbaby

Thank you @trishrhymes
  24. herpesbaby

I did not ask for diagnosis or treatement.
  25. herpesbaby

So they found candida krusei and leptothix and bacterial vaginosis in my vaginal swab. I also had hpv wart back in 2013 and genital herpes in May this year, which did not itch btw. I don't want to look down there to see if its a wart or a bump, I wouldnt recognize it anyway. I don't want to take...
  26. herpesbaby

Could treating mono/glandular fever stop ME ever happening?

This freaks me out: "Available antiviral drugs have no significant effect on the overall outcome of mono and may actually prolong the course of the illness." Source: http://www.medicinenet.com/infectious_mononucleosis/article.htm
  27. herpesbaby

Could treating mono/glandular fever stop ME ever happening?

So after being sick for 5 weeks, I panicked and started taking acyclovir for 5 weeks in mid doses. Then took valtrex in high doses for 6 weeks. After stopping antivirals I feel worse. Hopefully what I'm feeling right now is my immune system taking care of mf mono. Month5 of being sick. Hate it.
  28. herpesbaby

question abouthat ebv antibodies

Thank you Sir. @Jonathan Edwards
  29. herpesbaby

Area above my eyes (not my lids) is puffy

Thank you. Did the pain eventually go away? @lafarfelue
  30. herpesbaby

Area above my eyes (not my lids) is puffy

Area above my eyes (not my lids) is puffy on both eyes. It's been like this pretty much ever since I got sick. I got sick on April 19th. Day 119 today. Week 16. Month 5th. Yesterday found out I have high EBV titres. Can mono cause puffy eyes and when will it go away?