• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

Ancient Retrovirus Study/Tufts University & U. Illinois-Chicago

Hi. I am also in the study and have had 3 draws. My 4th was supposed to be Nov 2010 and I was wondering what happened. Then last week I received in the mail a personal custom crafted birthday card from the interviewer in Chicago. I called her to ask why no draw last Nov. and she said there...
  2. S

Central brain problems cause movement difficulty in FM (and CFS?)

Cort: Thanks for your wonderful site and for all that you do! I haven't seen much discussion of baclofen on ME/CFS forums. Have you tried baclofen or considered it? Have others? My wife has FMS (tender points, IBS, RLS), so we are a family grouping with related neuro-immune...
  3. S

Central brain problems cause movement difficulty in FM (and CFS?)

I take baclofen for my significant muscle stiffness and it helps me a lot. I have CCC CFS. My neuro doc thought I might have atypical MS so he told me to titrate up with baclofen and I stopped at 40mg per day (10mg every 4 hours). I would take more, but can't tolerate more. I have been...