• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Booksellercate

UK- Functional doctor for SIBO + other gut issues

Hello, In the last few years I have been diagnosed with: PoTs SIBO Gastritis Leaky gut Giardiosis Dysbiosis My PoTs symptoms have improved a fair bit with a range of supplements, B12 injections, time and improved sleep. However, my stomach issues continue to dominate and reduce my quality of...
  2. Booksellercate

Severe Nausea Attacks - new symptom

@EddieB @Sophiedw Brief update: (Thank you both for your messages. Apologies for a very delayed reply. I often don't come here for months/years at a time). Since my last messages I have been diagnosed with: SIBO, leaky gut, dysbiosis and a parasite. It pays to keep digging. I have started...
  3. Booksellercate

Thank you for your comment. I've been tested twice for h-pylori and it came back negative both times. I took a course of mastic gum in 2016 just to be on the safe side! I do not take PPIs, nor have I, aside from a brief experiment to appease my doctors in 2016. My current theory is that I...
  4. Booksellercate

Hello everybody, I'm hoping that you'll all get a notification for this update... It's been a few weeks since I've had a severe nausea attack. They seem to have stopped almost as suddenly as they appeared (although I am still alert and assuming I haven't seen the last of them) - and my...
  5. Booksellercate

Thank you for taking the time to help write out such an extensive list of things to try which might help. I'm willing to try anything at this point! With such a non-specific symptom, it can be hard to know where to start looking. I already take an antihistamine - a nurse said it can work quite...
  6. Booksellercate

Thank you for your response. I'm glad I posted - it can be alarmingly easy to become accustomed to a situation/feeling/symptom, even one that impacts your quality of life. Others reminding you that your symptoms are worthy of concern and should be looked at is reassuring. I have a lifelong...
  7. Booksellercate

Lenora, thank you for the encouragement. It's Bank Holiday here on Monday but I will go on Tuesday and stop dithering. My experience with doctors with these 'non-specific' symptoms has not always been positive - but it would be irresponsible for me to not go and at least try to talk to one. And...
  8. Booksellercate

I agree. Ordinarily I would have gone to see a GP but it's such a strange time, so I decided to hang on until my consultation with my gastro doctor - which is due next Thursday (hoping it'll be adjusted to a phone conversation rather than cancelled). I don't know what consultations/procedures...
  9. Booksellercate

Ha! Great suggestion - I wonder how open my gastro doctor would be to the suggestion. My problems have been ongoing for years, now getting worse, so that gives me a case. I hope.
  10. Booksellercate

@andyguitar Thank you - the nausea precedes the supplements so I don't think they're related. I assume a hernia would be diagnosed with an endoscopy?
  11. Booksellercate

Hello, A couple of months ago I was happily minding my own business and had a sudden very intense spell of nausea. It felt like my stomach was wringing itself and was severe enough for me to be unable to do anything as I was son the verge of vomiting for a few hours. It felt like a stomach bug...
  12. Booksellercate

Trauma-induced Gastritis

Thanks for taking the time to write. I don't think there is a one size fits all diet, different stomachs respond to different approaches. However I'm glad that you have been helped with the above suggestions. Since posting, I have made big and significant improvements by taking a course of...
  13. Booksellercate

Trauma-induced Gastritis

Sticking to one simple food is something I’m thinking about trying. My appetite is very poor but the instinct to eat is still there., How long did you live off the corn cereal for? I understand what you mean regarding the diet - I have at times eaten tomatoes and bread with no discernible...
  14. Booksellercate

Trauma-induced Gastritis

I spent seven months on various PPIs and H2 blockers (Now use Gaviscon Advanced at night if I feel acidic; still waking up every morning with a sore, irritated stomach though). Apologies for not providing more info in my original post to save you suggesting the first line things. I’ve been down...
  15. Booksellercate

Trauma-induced Gastritis

Hi, I should have included this - but yes, I’ve been tested twice. I’ve seen two gastroenterologists - one diagnosed me with gastritis via an endoscopy - but I was dispatched from both as they could find nothing wrong - h.pylori and coeliac were checked, I had a scan of my abdomen and a...
  16. Booksellercate

Trauma-induced Gastritis

18 months ago, I suffered an extremely distressing period of my life..which triggered a bout of chronic gastritis, which I cannot recover from. I suffer from typical gastritis-symptoms including stomach burning and irritation, nausea, loss of appetite, acid reflux, fullness, stomach pain and...
  17. Booksellercate

Stubborn Gastritis Symptoms - and where to look next

How did you get tested for the infection?
  18. Booksellercate

High Cortisol, high RT3, rising TSH-advice?

Thank you for taking the time to write a thorough reply. It looks like the original formula has been reinstated afterall so that's really of interest to me. I hadn't heard of this supplement before. My Cortisol levels are high throughout the day-I'll try to get some more advice on dosing but I...
  19. Booksellercate

In addition to previous message-it looks like they HAVE changed the formula back to the original one which worked. Thank you for alerting me to this supplement
  20. Booksellercate

Thanks. It appears at a quick look that the Seriphos they returned claiming it was the same original formula was never as good but I have found some sites which list alternatives.
  21. Booksellercate

I suddenly fell very ill with a wide range of symptoms in March 2016 - including weak/numb legs and left arm, dizzy spells, lightheadedness, orthostatic hypotension, general weakness and fatigue, digestive issues (nausea, bloating, no appetite), joint pain. I'd been suffering with bladder...
  22. Booksellercate

Comment by 'Booksellercate' in 'Light Body, Heavy Soul'

@perchance dreamer I am rather baffled by the issues-particularly as I've had no response to anything I've tried aloe vera juice and didn't notice any difference. It's frustrating to say the least. CBD oil though-that one I haven't tried. I am slightly concerned about being written off with...
  23. Booksellercate

Comment by 'Booksellercate' in 'Light Body, Heavy Soul'

@perchance dreamer. The million dollar question -what are my gastric issues? To be honest, I don't yet know. I was diagnosed with gastritis last December and put on various PPIs and H2 blockers but was unresponsive. I changed my diet, went gluten-free...and tried every gastric friendly...
  24. Booksellercate

24/7 Lightheadedness

If you remember..do let me know!! Although of course it may have been a combination of things, involved in a chain which may have helped. My case looked like a clear cut B12 deficiency case..until injections haven't made the difference I hoped. There was a brief spell of 1-2 days when my...
  25. Booksellercate

24/7 Lightheadedness

Has anybody been able to get their cerebral blood flow measured on the NHS?
  26. Booksellercate

24/7 Lightheadedness

This tallies with my experience-although I haven't been diagnosed with ME at least not yet. Did your lightheadedness begin suddenly or after a particular incident?
  27. Booksellercate

24/7 Lightheadedness

Do you think ME is responsible for your lightheadedness?
  28. Booksellercate

24/7 Lightheadedness

Thank you for your reply and the suggestions. Adrenal fatigue does skirt the peripheries of my efforts. I had elevated Cortisol on my last check. I should stress, I don't exactly feel better in the evening-it's more my symptoms tend to be less noticeable-and I think this might also be related...
  29. Booksellercate

24/7 Lightheadedness

Your explanation sounds logical. This strange lightheadedness/pre-synope feeling is the main cause of my being housebound. I realised quite early on I needed a wheelchair. Have you been diagnosed with ME? Do you find it gets worse under some conditions eg supermarket lighting, bright lights...
  30. Booksellercate

24/7 Lightheadedness

Hi, It's incredibly debilitating isn't it. The feeling like something going in your head-that's it. How long have you been this way? I haven't yet been diagnosed with ME. I too often feel worse moving around. It's coupled with feeling unsteady on my feet and muscle weakness, especially in my...