• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. eric_gladiator

Eating sweets exhausts me

Before I got sick I ate my high-calorie chocolate-filled cereals for breakfast without any problem, and for snacks I had some chocolate or carbohydrates rich in sugar. When I got sick I began to notice that sugar exhausted me, it made me feel anesthetized, carbohydrates and gluten have a...
  2. eric_gladiator

I sleep soundly but with many nightmares

This whole drama began a few years ago when I began to notice that little by little my sleep was improving but not its quality, having more dreams and dreams. Lately I wake up with a lot of mental confusion, with a lack of coordination and apathetic. It is causing me depression. Sometimes and I...
  3. eric_gladiator

Neuroimmune flares following sleep: any more insights?

I have no problems falling asleep quickly and staying asleep, I have problems when sleeping that are very heavy dreams, accelerated heart rate, palpitations in the head... that added to more symptoms that in the morning when I wake up leave me worse that the night before before I fell asleep
  4. eric_gladiator

Does it happen to you that from the heart to the brain you get very strong beats while you are with those very vivid dreams? In my case, I think that they are getting more and more, I sleep 8 or more hours without waking up with a very deep sleep but of very low quality with so much sleep at...
  5. eric_gladiator

every time I have more dreams and nightmares

Do you notice that you wake up worse on an energetic level than before you were vaccinated? I never chose to get vaccinated against covid
  6. eric_gladiator

It is curiously interesting. The medications you mention sound like other patients who have done well, but in my case at the moment I don't know whether to risk it. On the other hand, supplementation seems like a good idea to try, although I don't know if it would solve the problem
  7. eric_gladiator

Since I started 5 years ago in the long run, as well as my symptoms were improving, I could also notice that my quality of sleep was getting worse, I managed to sleep many more hours, I sleep more deeply but little by little without understanding why I feel that it is worse, every night I have...
  8. eric_gladiator

POLL: Have Antibiotics Helped Your ME/CFS Symptoms?

I have recently been prescribed azithrimycin by the dentist but in the past I remember having many bowel problems, I am doubtful whether to take it or not as I am afraid of feeling sick or worsening my me, although there are people who this particular antibiotic has given them back their lives
  9. eric_gladiator

I have tried the cherry pie and I am getting a negative result very similar to melatonin, in itself it helps me to fall asleep naturally but the next day I am sleepy and I feel irritable during the day. Curious that things that help me sleep I can't tolerate them, the same thing happens to me...
  10. eric_gladiator

Amisulpride — A Multipurpose Drug for ME/CFS

unfortunately I have very bad experience with these laboratory drugs, so much so that I think my was triggered by them. Has anyone tried cordyceps fungus? does the same but naturally
  11. eric_gladiator

Cold showers !

There was a time when I felt the need to shower in cold water since showering in very hot water as I like made me have night sweats all night, on the other hand, cold water suited me very well. Now lately I have not been able to, I have a nasal congestion that I can't get rid of and I am afraid...
  12. eric_gladiator

I understand, do you think that could help my dreams and nightmares? I'm just looking to have a better quality sleep, I don't have problems falling asleep but I do have intense dreams when I'm in deep sleep In the next few days I will get a bottle and I will comment on the experience, I hope I...
  13. eric_gladiator

Is sinusitis a thing with us?

I remember that it was a time when I led a normal life but I suspected myself, I had no symptoms other than mild fatigue. One day I started with a very sharp nasal pain and very bad-smelling mucus, I went to the ENT doctor and they riddled me with antibiotics that did not do nothing, later they...
  14. eric_gladiator

I had never heard of pie cherry but now that I take a look I see that many use it for uric acid. What benefits are cherry pie supposed to bring to patients like us?
  15. eric_gladiator

Sometimes I have thought if it could be due to something that I have been developing, I even came to think that it could be due to a possible apnea that the doctors and polygraphy have ruled out... I do not find it normal that before taking high doses of melatonin they did not make me almost...
  16. eric_gladiator

Now that I remember, there are times when I am sitting semi-lying in bed and I feel that I am falling asleep and at the same time I feel that my heart rate accelerates and connects with my brain giving me a pounding in my head, some very strange symptoms, I will tell you I explained to my doctor...
  17. eric_gladiator

I've just been taking it for about a month and although it's almost insignificant when it comes to sleeping, I've noticed that in the mornings when I take it I'm much happier, more lively, I have more energy, I don't feel as much stress and I can perform better in almost everything. I take it...
  18. eric_gladiator

I finally did the sleep study at home but I only managed to sleep 3 hours because of all the cables. I don't know if I did it correctly, although the doctors told me that I didn't have apnea. Even so, I feel that I have all the symptoms of apnea, although I don't I snore and am not overweight I...
  19. eric_gladiator

I have been taking arginine, thistle and artichoke this time and I have noticed benefits but not in sleep. Sleep remains the same or even worse, there are times when I wake up and I cannot think, my mind is very heavy and I am very sleepy. They have to do a sleep study on me but who knows when
  20. eric_gladiator

Sleep apnea

I've had this feeling for a long time, I'm worse when I get up than when I go to bed. Vivid dreams, mental heaviness with a lot of lack of concentration... I've tried sleeping with ventilation and it improves but it doesn't cure and I return to the same state
  21. eric_gladiator

At the beginning of the disease, it was very hard for me to sleep but I did not have nightmares, over time I began to notice that I slept earlier and deeper but with more and more dreams so far which are horrible dreams, instead I sleep and I do not have nighttime awakenings but the nights are...
  22. eric_gladiator

And in this case, what solution do you propose based on your experience? I already tried things and I don't know what else, lately I can't tolerate melatonin after taking it for years, a little already leaves me hungover all day. I don't know whether to go to the doctor and have a sleep test done
  23. eric_gladiator

Since the disease started a few years ago at first I was not directly able to sleep, now with the passage of time that improves a lot and I am able to fall asleep earlier but over time I began to notice that at night I had more horrible dreams or strange dreams waking up badly, very little...
  24. eric_gladiator

needing to eat before bed to have better sleep - why?

I have a very similar problem. If I go with an empty stomach eating 3 or more hours before, it is more difficult for me to sleep or I wake up soon. On the other hand, if I eat abundant carbohydrates, the sleep is deep and long-lasting but of poor quality, that is to say, dreams and nightmares...
  25. eric_gladiator

THC or CBD oil for sleep?

Smoking ends up giving me tachycardia, my heart accelerates, it does not matter if it is thc, cbd, tobacco ... indifferent
  26. eric_gladiator

Trauma-induced Gastritis

There are so-called healthy diets that do not work for everyone. For example, I do not tolerate fruits, cooked vegetables, pasteurized cow's milk, cheeses ... and instead, foods called harmful if I tolerate them well.
  27. eric_gladiator

Cortene Peptide for MECFS? "Curative"?!

According to sources there are already several treatments that will be released in 2 years at the most, I do not know how reliable this may be but who told me is someone who is very up to date on the research. If this were so it would be a great relief that although it was not something...
  28. eric_gladiator

Could I get intoxicated by some drug?

I do not know why lately I gave it continuously to what I did one day. Almost 10 years ago I took a drug called lsa, it is almost the same as the lsd but this was in seeds called hawaiian baby woodrose, the indications were that they were not recommended to people with depressive episodes, nor...
  29. eric_gladiator

gastrotic problems that get worse

@pattismith yes and everything went well
  30. eric_gladiator

gastrotic problems that get worse

lately I notice these symptoms, floating stools and many nightmares at night. I notice the intestine very swollen and as if I had an infection