• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. A

ME or depression? If ME, do fluoxetine anti-depressants help?

So your PEM is worse now than it used to be? :(
  2. A

Hmm interesting that you say it's not so much in the legs for you. This day following from my exercise, my legs have been tired and achy when I stand up. Still able to move, but achy. That could just be because I haven't done proper exercise for months though, combined with my lack of sleep...
  3. A

Hmm, could one symptom of post-exertional malaise be waking up in the night and finding it hard to fall back asleep? Maybe I'm stretching it a bit, but I don't usually wake up in the middle of the night but this time, the day that I had done exercise, I did. Or is it not related to the...
  4. A

Okay thanks all. I'm going to hold off on the anti-depressants for now and get to know the effect exercise has on my body. I assume if my legs are OK for the two days after the exercise it's unlikely that I have ME? Could anyone who has had post-exercise malaise describe what it's like? Internet...
  5. A

Okay thanks for all your help. Would a ten-minute jog tell me if I had CFS/ME? So I've done a ten-minute jog (actually managed it) and if I wait two days and there is no, or not much payback, I'm alright?
  6. A

One thing I will add is the physical fatigue is not as bad as the mental fatigue.
  7. A

Well, I've had blood tests that rule out diabetes, thyroid etc. And a colonoscopy that ruled out cancer and colitis (waiting for biopsy results though)
  8. A

I had thought I had ME but my doctor is convinced I have depression, or at least the cause is psychological. He prescribed me fluoxetine. After seeing what so many sufferers say about doctors I am sceptical that it has a psychological cause. If I describe my symptoms, could I have advice on...
  9. A

How do I get an ATP profile test in the UK?

But it says 4.All other test requests from non-patients remain suspended.
  10. A

Always thirsty and peeing loads

I think I have just under a teaspoon of salt a day. I know specifics are difficult but how much would be ideal considering my problem. Should I have more than the recommended amount?
  11. A

Yes, this is what I meant. Where can I get it?...
  12. A

The ATP profile testing shows promise but I can't track down anywhere to do it.... I live in Hampshire, in the south. Ot, as a last resort, if there is no clinic that offers it, is there a way for me to get it from the NHS, or something? Anything? EDIT: I'm talking about the mitochondrial...
  13. A

Okay, and should I still drink a lot as my thirst encourages me? I am wary of the dangers of drinking too much water...
  14. A

Forgot to mention, I've had the fatigue for months but the thirst and frequent urination for only a few days.
  15. A

Like as soon as I drink my mouth still feels incredibly dry, but I still pee it out soon after (often the urine looks just like water). Bear in mind, I have other cfs symptoms too, including fatigue, stiff-feeling neck, diarrheoa, weird gut noises, headaches, tinnitus. Is this thirst problem...