• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. gerard5

Testing for Excitiotoxicity or Overmethylation?

Mary I think we've all made mistakes and had to retrace our path. I get a little rushed for positive response is when this happens to me. Just thanks for coming out with this so we can continue to drop our terminal uniqueness and realize that we are all quite alike in so many ways, all of us...
  2. gerard5

I think a lot of that is Commercially prepared juice additives. There may be something in the fermentation of those juices even when you make them if they are allowed to age that will build the same effect so drink it fresh and you will be ok. Also some types of fruits and veggies more than...
  3. gerard5

DHA is known to be a Neuroprotective agent. I don't know if they have identified the exact mechanism though. What I think you are looking for is an antagonistic effect against Glutamate. From what I understand is that Calcium does agonize that but Pyruvate may in fact antagonize Glutamate. Hope...
  4. gerard5

Does Anyone Know Why GABA And Theanine Both Make Me MORE Anxious?

The reason is that I have issues with converting Sulfites and that causes toxicity issues. As a result I place limits on my Sulfur intake to keep those clear.
  5. gerard5

Great topic! Glutamine is very suspect on Glutamate Excitotoxicity, did it feel real good at first? Cabbage juice is possible but also could be what is known as Overmethylation or too many Methyl groups, I'm not sure why this Overmethylation excites, maybe too many electrical charges, wild...
  6. gerard5

Sorry Jigsaw, I didn't mean to imply anything of that sort. I just never heard yet of anxiety issues with GABA, that's all. For a while I benefited I dropped it because of the non-benefit. I believe you that it caused an increase. My Anxiety is directly related to Glutamate due and to my...
  7. gerard5

Thanks, I do avoid the B6 in favor of the P5P.
  8. gerard5

Comment by 'gerard5' in 'L-Carnitine Fumarate Setback'

Seems there are some that benefit from Carnitine but it could be very subtle with me. I started with the Acetyl form and it seems to be positive. No negatives though to note. I still take 1000mg per day because of the studies. I read where the Acetyl form moves into the Brain where the plain L...
  9. gerard5

Let's not go there. This should take us to back to high Glutamate and the GABA tables. this is a crucial discussion. Glutamate, one of the most prominent Neurotransmitters in the brain, dysregulation there is a huge and potentially fatal or possibly worse wind up with Alzheimers Path vegetized...
  10. gerard5

Who has autonomic dysfunction?

Hi Kenjie, This GI issue going on is problematic. Most Medical professionals agree that the imbalances in GI flora alone can cause numerous issues to occur and that Probiotics are one of the safest and most effective ways for you to maintain this balance and many recommend it as part of a...
  11. gerard5

I ask you Valentjn, is there anything unusual that there would be a difference of opinion amongst the scientific community? And is there anything strange at all that there would be other peers in the Medical community that are in agreement with each other? Or furthermore that there would be a...
  12. gerard5

Hi Kenjie, Thank you for the reply. Just wanted to share this link on Candida; https://draxe.com/candida-symptoms/
  13. gerard5

Hi Jigsaw, I am very High Dopamine and Low Serotonin Theoretically. Antidepressants really mess with me so I gave up on those. Benzodiazepines are entirely out for me due to other factors. And I do consider them to be dangerous. One thing, my main meat is Turkey Breast, High Serotonin...
  14. gerard5

Hi Kenjie, I'm wondering what you are doing on your own for diet and GI health? Multivitamins? Probiotics? Any supplements?
  15. gerard5

I'd also been taking lots of l-glycine which at one time did help with sleep, but then I read again just recently that it could also be converted to glutamate, so have stopped it as well. This all led me to calcium pyruvate and resveratrol which are glutamate scavengers - and it's been amazing...
  16. gerard5

This leaves me wondering where you are with your diet out of the gate. I mean avoidance of Glutamate for one. I have read where, and I could find it, that in the GAD enzyme it is bi-directional meaning excitatory or GABA (inhibitory), for instance Glutamate or Glutamic Acid table high>excitatory...
  17. gerard5

You're saying that the CBS studies are fraudulent and have no basis for any negative impact is that correct? And without any reference or scientific basis to back you up?
  18. gerard5

Welcome back then! I have taken resources from multiple sources including Yasko. It's great that I was able to have my Genomics there on Methylation. I also used Genetic Genie, I verify and cross check, Heartfixer etc., studies for explanations. One thing I found is that one left me really short...
  19. gerard5

I'm CBS ++ and at one stage L-Theanine worked wonders, life changing. But I had to place limits on my Sulfur intake due to high Sulfite dumping so I chose to stop. By then my anxiety was controlled because I had enough other nutritional in place. I was taking a Multi with P5P and additional that...
  20. gerard5

Kenjie, I've had a lot of these symptoms also but there are differences with Thyroid involvement. I will do what I can to provide you with helpful information and I have to go for now. Going to a Dr for anxiety and receiving a drug for that seems scary to me. Please know that there are natural...
  21. gerard5

anciendaze is right about your Tachycardia being a concern. I like your plan to see the Cardiologist and the Endocrinologist. When your Cardiovascular system is not right, I know that can be very tiring. These two appointments are like a new point of reference for you to begin making a lot of...
  22. gerard5

Your thyroid med is there for a reason and when you have High Antihyroglobulin it may indicate that your release of Thyroid is being slowed down (healthline.com) so that you may be symptomatic as a result. Your Medical care appears to be heading in progressive direction that may be away from...