• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Q

After 3 years with cfs able to exercise and feel energised - what next?

So about 4 years ago I became unwell (stomach infection picked up on diving holiday) - I was 34 and a healthy, exercise loving guy. My first year of CFS I spent 11-12 hours sleeping a night, would barely make it through a working week (had to take a month off at one point) and was just...
  2. Q

Why ME/CFS is a result of the histaminergic system in overdrive

It's an interesting theory - I started having problems with high histamine foods about a year before cfs (itchy skin, couldn't sleep, heart rate increased) - and now if I eat high histamine foods my brain shuts down - literally can't think properly. I attempt to steer clear - but there's just...
  3. Q

Myers cocktail anyone?

A couple of years ago I had my first Myers cocktail - and it was amazing - energy levels were back to close to pre cfs - and lasted two weeks. The effect wore off in the third week - I then went back and had a second Myers cocktail - and no effect. Same with third and fourth - zero uplift...