• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. C

Help to buy the Rich protocol.

What are the units for histamine? I got .18 ug/L with a reference of less than 1.00. @José Segundo
  2. C

P5p good response

Pyroluria most definitely can be a legitimate diagnosis; in the worst cases it causes psychotic episodes that respond well and rapidly to zinc and b6. Now, whether borderline cases are is another question...
  3. C

New to Methylation

Thank you
  4. C

New to Methylation

Thank you so much. I just had them taken yesterday by my cooperative GP, for a clinician I will consult. I had taken about 50 mcg of methyl B-12 which, together with some trimethylglycine made me pretty confused. Do you think that little methyl B12 would affect MMA levels a week later? Thank...
  5. C

New to Methylation

@PeterPositive What test is that, specifically?
  6. C

OAT - Organic Acid Testing - is it useful?

Be careful there; in the case of hair tests, SOME (but far from all) labs do use highly reliable and replicable testing methods, BUT each lab prepares the sample a different way; some use acid to first desolve the outer part of the hair. Don't know if this is the case here, but I do know that...
  7. C

Does the organic acids test help?

Great question
  8. C

Thank you very much!
  9. C

Thank you. I'm interested whether people can say: yes it helped me a whole lot, or whether such people are indeed quite thinly spread.
  10. C

New to Methylation

Hi, my GP just strongly encouraged me not to do the test, saying he'd done it may times but never seen it help anyone. Do you have any stories to the contrary?
  11. C

Hi everyone, Just got back from my GP, who is, all in all, quite good and well above your average narrow minded doctor. He strongly discouraged me from doing the organic acids test, saying he'd done it many times and that he can't remember it helping anyone, though he'd do it if I insisted...
  12. C

Would someone mind helping methylation and detox SNP analysis

Is there a way to test without an expensive genetic test when shmt1 is a "no call" on 23andme?
  13. C

New to Methylation

Thank you very much!!
  14. C

New to Methylation

And there you have my problem... was mainly concerned something fixable was being overlooked. THANK YOU
  15. C

THE STAGES OF METHYLATION AND HEALING

How did you know where to take?
  16. C

New to Methylation

@Valentijn Hi, sorry to bother you, but I'm having gigantic problems concentrating (can't work, on disability) and am really suffering. Fatigue at the moment is not too bad - SSRIs trigger enormous fatigue - but I'm wondering if methylation (homozygous for A66G) my explain my enormous problems...
  17. C

THE STAGES OF METHYLATION AND HEALING

What does homozygous A66g do?