• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. F

Maffetone, Mitochondria; CFS and Overtraining Syndrome (OTS)

Walking is not aerobic for many PWC. Exercise is a vague term. I don't know of any studies that used laboratory evidence to guide exercise intensity and keep participants at primarily aerobic intensities. Programs like GET are quite different from what I'm proposing. In GET, HR pacing plays...
  2. F

This seems to be false in general. There probably are some or even many PWC for whom aerobic exercise is as a rule harmful, but in my OP I linked to two cases of PWC who used aerobic exercise to significantly improve or cure their CFS. I suspect that the reason aerobic exercise gets such a bad...
  3. F

Because many people (myself included) observed that their CFS started during a period of intense exercise, I eventually found myself reading the reports of people who developed OTS. Just as CFS is a recognized but poorly understood syndrome in medicine, OTS is a recognized but poorly understood...
  4. F

Which theoretical cause of CFS/ME do you believe to be true?

Could you go into more detail regarding which of her recommendations hurt you?
  5. F

Things that show up in your lab results

TSH fluctuates between high normal and slightly elevated; thyroid hormone levels are usually normal although I am usually symptomatic; antibodies were normal. Borderline low cortisol. Calcium fluctuates between high normal and slightly elevated. CMV was positive, but then over 50% of people have...
  6. F

What does a very positive response from Tyrosine imply?

OP are you still using this?