• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. T

Bad breath

Hi, I think that bad breath of a special caracter (amines) can be a specific mark for the pharynx infection (viral) often seen i CFS. Please see the discussion under Lifestile Management started by pamb.
  2. T

Bad breath & stinky bedroom?

Hi pamb, Can you tell a little more about the caracter of the smell form the breath of your husband. There is a virus that stimulates the production of bad smelling amines. Try to find an example of a flowering "Stapelia grandiflora" and smell the flower and compare with the breath smell. The...
  3. T

Bad breath

Thanks for your answers. ukxmrv: No sign of infection on the tounge or on the inside of the cheeks. No effect on taste. The infection/inflammation is limited to lymphoid tissue, that is the tonsils and the back of the throat. So the infection is in agreement with the tropism for XMRV to...
  4. T

Bad breath

I have CFS since many years. At the same time as I got ill in CFS I began to experience a bad breath that I never had felt before. I still have bad breath with a distinct caracter every time I have increased symptoms of CFS. When I feel better it disappear. I think that this can be caused by an...
  5. T

Prostatitis, Pelvic Pain etc. in CFS

I have CFS since many years. It started with chronic prostatitis that I got after a sexual contact. The problems/infection was to start with mostly located to the prostate. After a couple periods of antibiotic treatment the prostatitis symptoms got worse and I started to get symptoms of CFS...