• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. gabriella17

Every single symptom of "adrenal fatigue" matches caffiene withdraw

The amount of time it takes for the substance (whether caffeine or meth or heroin or nicotine or benzos) to completely leave the body could be days or a few weeks, but that doesn't matter one bit. I quit nicotine and yes, the physical withdrawal lasted a short time, even the compulsion itself...
  2. gabriella17

Transgenerational hypocortisolism and behavioral disruption are induced by the fluoxetine

I was on Prozac for 4 years in my twenties, and now my cortisol level has fallen to below the normal range & I've been referred to an endocrinologist. I wonder if there's a connection. (My mother was not on any ADs)
  3. gabriella17

low cortisol

I just got referred by my PCP to an endocrinologist because my morning cortisol was below the lowest end of the normal range. I've been trying to educate myself about this and it's just stressing me out even more (how to raise it naturally). A year and a half ago, it was at the low end of the...
  4. gabriella17

Comment by 'gabriella17' in 'MINDFULNESS FOR HEALTH ONLINE COURSE ( BREATHWORKS) PART ONE.'

Never mind, I just saw what your wrote on your blog, lol.
  5. gabriella17

Need help-Dysautonomia and fatigue

If you're still experiencing this, I'd suggest getting your iron level checked. Or just start taking iron (a highly absorbable kind). This sounds exactly like what happens to me when I start getting low on iron. Iron deficiency is common, but especially wreaks havoc for me because of ME...
  6. gabriella17

Infographics archive?

Haha, I'm in the same boat - too many ideas, combined with the desire to advocate = potential for worsening! :rolleyes:
  7. gabriella17

Infographics archive?

Just a note, in case you or anyone else here is interested, somewhere down the road... I've been wanting to find someone who can do graphics for some ideas I have that would better visually express what it's like to have ME. Nothing I could find really expresses it in such a way that non-ME...
  8. gabriella17

Terrible Wikipedia article on MECFS! (CBT, etc)

Yeah, I didn't mean people getting paid as in employees. I meant that Anonymous, who are unpaid, would be great at sniffing out which Wikipedia editors are paid by insurance companies to control the information on the pages. So, calling all Anonymous members with ME (and other hackers...
  9. gabriella17

One ray of hope I'm finding so far, in reading this article: "The main source of those problems is not mysterious. The loose collective running the site today, estimated to be 90 percent male, operates a crushing bureaucracy with an often abrasive atmosphere that deters newcomers who might...
  10. gabriella17

Yes! Wouldn't it be cool if some of the Anonymous community were to get involved, to expose who is getting paid? If enough people and organizations got involved, calling this stuff out on social media?
  11. gabriella17

Wow. This is all pretty depressing, not to mention alarming. I actually got a pop-up when I tried to access W from my phone this morning, asking for donations. And I have donated multiple times in the past, because democratic dissemination of information is a cause I truly care about. I'm so...
  12. gabriella17

!!! Was there any explanation on the change page?
  13. gabriella17

Cool, thanks! This is the kind of thing that's not my forte. I welcome any other suggestions. Also, I think a slow process is probably best, now that I think of it. Adding a little at a time so as not to potentially freak out any user
  14. gabriella17

So, I did start reading earlier threads, and I want to address something. I know that a lot of people don't really understand how Wikipedia works, including teachers. Wikipedia is different from other knowledge sources because it's completely non-hierarchical: everyone and anyone can equally...
  15. gabriella17

I'll look through these. And I don't at all intend to do a wholesale rewrite. I can't even keep my kitchen clean, LOL. I just intend to expand it, and include more evidence.
  16. gabriella17

Also, as far whichever users are changing things back - another strategy could be to add information rather than change what's there. Because, if what we add is factual and is from legit source, then they have no basis for removing it, and I'm willing to argue it on the change page. A few...
  17. gabriella17

Ok. Surely the NIM supercedes Mayo as an authority? Their publication isn't even mentioned in the article. I would love to take another stab at this, even if it has been attempted before. I'm willing to make the actual changes on the wiki page, although my wiki editing is very rudimentary. My...
  18. gabriella17

I just went to edit it - working just fine. Here's a screenshot of the editing page I'm on:
  19. gabriella17

I don't think it's limited to people qualified. I've edited pages before, around 10 years ago. The whole point of wikipedia is that it's "wisdom of the crowd". Anyone can edit it, but all edits are subject to being challenged if they're inaccurate or incomplete. But you do have to log in to...
  20. gabriella17

POLL: Do you have tenderness at Perrin's point on your left breast (diagnostic for ME/CFS)?

I had no idea this was a thing. Just tested myself, and indeed the left hurts!
  21. gabriella17

Have any of you read the Wikipedia article for ME? This thing needs SERIOUS editing of misleading information. I can't imagine how many people might have heard about ME, then googled it and went to the Wikipedia page. No wonder there's so much misconception! I've copied and pasted just some...
  22. gabriella17

Stuck on Klonopin

Hi Mattie, a couple of suggestions: First, someone I've talked to who had a lot of trouble with benzo withdrawal recommended this free e-book written by a doctor. She said this the best source of information for benzos. Benzo withdrawal can also result in insomnia. I'm not sure if this is...
  23. gabriella17

(UK) An interim report on access to social care and advocacy for people with M.E./CFS (AfME)

@Dolphin A million thanks for posting this :):balloons::balloons::balloons::)- it's absolutely what I've been going through, and now I have something I can give to my kids and support professionals and what a load off my mind that is, that I don't need to explain it myself.
  24. gabriella17

Is it possible to get your life back? Has anyone here done it?

Hi @silky The only thing that really helped me was following a ketogenic diet. If you search ketogenic you'll find threads about it. I was housebound most of the time last spring, and when I went on the keto diet, within weeks I had a lot more stamina, which is how I was able to start working...
  25. gabriella17

I'm going on a mission! wish me luck

As someone who has experienced psychosis, having both ME and a psychiatric disorder, I can tell you that you don't sound like you're having a psychotic episode. Unless you're hearing voices or experiencing severe paranoia (eg. you think other people are planting thoughts in your head, etc)...
  26. gabriella17

CRAZY ECZEMA

I have weird eczema too. It's on the top of my scalp, and I've been to 3 dermatologists already, who all said different things. I've had it for 3 years already, and I'm at my wit's end. I'm very wheat intolerant (and lactose), so I avoid those too. I don't know if it's allergy, infection, gut...
  27. gabriella17

I always think it would have been better to be a junkie than to have this

Lucky? Not sure that's the right term. All those who are clients of the clinic have a determination of Serious Mental Illness (SMI). If they are clients of the clinic, they are required to engage with the clinic by attending doctor appointments, getting labwork, health & risk assessments...
  28. gabriella17

I always think it would have been better to be a junkie than to have this

I work at a clinic where many of the clients have addictions. I see firsthand the kind of lives they lead. Sadly @eric_gladiator, I have often thought the same thing as you. No, I don't wish to have an addiction obviously, but I feel like they do have a better quality of life.
  29. gabriella17

What is the mechanism of feeling tired but not being able to sleep?

This has been a huge problem for me as well. Until about 10 years ago, I never had any sleep issues, rarely had insomnia. I would get sleepy and go to bed, and I'd fall asleep within 10 minutes. And back then, I was even smoking - so despite nicotine being a stimulant I could still sleep fine...