• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. T

Extreme reaction to methylfolate

Interesting! I do wonder about the folate though, is it folic acid or methylfolate? There is a lot of research, but they rarely elaborate about the form of folate. What kind of symptoms did you get from 15 mg methylfolate?
  2. T

I'm really grateful for everyone taking the effect to respond! And I'm really sorry I didn't reply sooner... A few days after my last message, my husband told me he wanted a divorce and he left the same day. So that sucked up all my energy for a while. In June I tried taking as much folate in...
  3. T

Thanks for all your messages, I really appreciate that! I think it's really helpful, but I'm still trying to read it all. I can hardly concentrate and process information, which is really frustrating. It literally takes me days to write a message. Reading and communicating in English makes it...
  4. T

Methylation has been a huge struggle for me for more than 2 years now. I've tried taking methylfolate several times, but something goes horribly wrong. Not immediately, but very slowly I start to feel worse. Until I'm almost completely bedridden, totally exhausted, like all strength and energy...