• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. D

Strategies for not thinking about pain

I've I've just discovered ASMR for myself a few days ago. I'd heard if it before but never bothered to try it. And yes popping pimples does sound a little weird. But so do my favorites do far, cork and combs...lol. It has helped a lot with relaxing which in turn helps my pain.
  2. D

ABC radio - Comparison of treatments for CFS - PACE trial

Mark, I agree with every point you made, but this: makes me think that perhaps I didn't express myself clearly before. When I say Psych Cabal, I don't mean that as a compliment. I do not support them and am as mad as two wet hens at there voluntary blindness. They spent millions in order to...
  3. D

I keep forgetting to bring up what I think to be a major reason why PACE has to be over-sold. The Psych Cabal have caught a body. Sophia Mirza. Imagine, after the shrinks practically torture her to death; facing the public with results from a big expensive trial which proves the methods they've...
  4. D

And...dingdingding. You've just hit the nail (and yes, I know, i'm shamelessly mixing my metaphors) on the head. This is what's so crazy-making to me about the position the Psych Cabal has staked out. Of-freaking-course there's a psychological component. There's a psych component to all...
  5. D

I agree that the results are being oversold. What interested me in the interview was how much talking the lancet guy (I refuse to use his name) did. Sharpe's language was very noncommittal. I get the sense that the researchers are under tremendous pressure to justify the expense of the trial and...
  6. D

You're welcome Angela. There's no need to interpret me, my meaning was clear and I wrote in English. Given the givens, the interview was as even-handed as one could expect. As to the complexity of the issues; having a divergent point of view doesn't necessarily denote a lack of understanding...
  7. D

After listening to the radio show and reading the Lancet article, I have to say...I'm not that mad. The truth is, victims of most serious illnesses would benefit from CBT or GET if properly administered. One of the interesting things in the Lancet article covering the study, was the researchers...
  8. D

Post-Pneumonia Care; or what to expect after the unexpected

Thank you Justy and Ukxmrv, I know my roommate's pneumonia was bacterial, but that's all I know. And thank you both for giving me some help to know what I can expect. Hopefully, my SSDI will be granted soon and I can do more for my immune system on an alternative/holistic level. But I will...
  9. D

Post-Pneumonia Care; or what to expect after the unexpected

Of all possible complications and illnesses I've had a moment's worry about because of ME/CFS (lymphoma, heart failure, colds, flus; etc) I never thought about pneumonia. My grandmother (she's had a complete recovery)had it a couple of months ago and an acquaintance a few months before, after...