• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Markisoutside

Treatment options for chronic brain fog and inflamed throats everyday?

Hey @Lucy1996 , I suffer from Lyme and Cfs. I had pretty severe brain fog. I would describe it as feeling like the back half of my brain was disconnected. I was so foggy I couldn't experience joy. It was a bad time. 8 months ago I stopped eating processed sugar. The results were astounding. For...
  2. Markisoutside

Is Lyme Disease really just CFS?

Chicken or egg? I received a clinical diagnosis of Lyme 6 years ago. I did 40some days of doxycycline and the symptoms went away. 2 years later I became ill again. Western medicine could not find a reason, I did a course of doxy and stayed sick. I followed Steven burners protocol for Lyme and...
  3. Markisoutside

Elimination Diet...for my chronic fatigue

Hey Soxfan, I am curious what you mean you got rid of lyme. It seems like it is better after treatment, but if you are experiencing fatigue you may still have it. I have had lyme for 6 years and was diagnosed with cfs 8 months ago. I quit eating white sugar 8 months ago and my brain fog lifted...