• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. L

Burning in ‘brain’

Hi I can’t seem to find anything about this symptom. I seem to develop this burning in the middle of my head. It feels like my brain is on fire. It seems to come most when I’m in a crash but also if my brain has been stimulated. But I can’t seem to get rid of it for weeks at a time. I don’t know...
  2. L

Fatigue after sleep

Dysania makes sense I’ll have to look into it! Thank you so much
  3. L

Fatigue after sleep

Yes I am still trying to sort my sleep out, it's taking a while but I will get there!
  4. L

Fatigue after sleep

it seems to have got worse the last few months and i can't seem to find an answer. My joints are also agony after I wake up its horrible :( thanks for all your ideas, maybe it's just one if the bizarre things that happen with this illness.
  5. L

Fatigue after sleep

hi everyone I have a quick question, when I sleep even if it is for 15 minutes I can barely move or speak afterwards it take 1-1 1/2 hrs to get my function and my body going again. Does anyone else experience this? Or have any ideas to stop it? Thanks
  6. L

Reaction to medication

The meds I'm reacting to are medications to try and get my symptoms under control like pain, my gut etc. I have been tested for that and the test is negative.
  7. L

Reaction to medication

I don't have the typical anaphylactic reaction to meds, just the reaction appearing as swollen red joints, fever, terrible headache, deep ulcerations of the skin that take weeks to heal and scar terribly, and feeling systemically unwell. I do have the classic anaphylactic reaction to lots of...
  8. L

Reaction to medication

Hi It's just one of those things!!! :) chronic illnesses will do there own thing, which I'm sure you know.
  9. L

Reaction to medication

Most medications it started with antidepressants and antibiotics. But now it's rare for me not to react to a medication, we have wondered whether it could be colourings in the tablets but it also happens with I.v's, so I have no idea, but it is really frustrating because we can't get anything...
  10. L

Reaction to medication

hi, I with most medication react I get these big deep ulcers, swollen red joints that hurt so much, a temperature and feel so unwell (on top of everything else). Has anyone ever heard of this happening? Thank you